Just Off Carnival Paradise.....Can anyone tell me what happened?

westcruzer

On sunday (our sea day) in the evening my son went to the room on the riviera deck and noticed security that had the Odd number cabins section closed and paramedics were there. My son mentioned that there was a girl who was screaming something along the lines of .......I will calm down!......and someone else saying.....put the knife down.

Now before this gets blown out of the water I want to make it clear first.....my son is 10 but he has been known to be precise when making descriptions of situations and does not make up stories like this. I do not want to say everything above is a fact but I thought I would through it out there in case anyone saw or heard anything.

The things I do know that are the facts.....

Security did close down that side of the section on riviera deck and paramedics were involved since when I went down they had just opened up that side and I saw paramedics leaving.

I will try and get some time to do a review because this was a WILD cruise.

On sunday (our sea day) in the evening my son went to the room on the riviera deck and noticed security that had the Odd number cabins section closed and paramedics were there. My son mentioned that there was a girl who was screaming something along the lines of .......I will calm down!......and someone else saying.....put the knife down.

Now before this gets blown out of the water I want to make it clear first.....my son is 10 but he has been known to be precise when making descriptions of situations and does not make up stories like this. I do not want to say everything above is a fact but I thought I would through it out there in case anyone saw or heard anything.

The things I do know that are the facts.....

Security did close down that side of the section on riviera deck and paramedics were involved since when I went down they had just opened up that side and I saw paramedics leaving.

I will try and get some time to do a review because this was a WILD cruise.

Have you checked your roll call? Looking forward to hearing about you WILD cruise!

While I was not there after reading things like drunk people pooping on a hallway floor and peeing in the mini golf holes my imagination is saying I bet some girl was drunk..saw her man with another girl on the ship and got mighty angry?

Seriously though, that is kind of scary. I hope your son did not get to frightened by it.

While I was not there after reading things like drunk people pooping on a hallway floor and peeing in the mini golf holes my imagination is saying I bet some girl was drunk..saw her man with another girl on the ship and got mighty angry?

Seriously though, that is kind of scary. I hope your son did not get to frightened by it.

No he was not scared at all. He just kept moving along and told us what happened.

:eek: With all that going on, I am not sure that I would have let my 10 year old go anywhere alone on the ship.

This happened on the last night of the cruise right after dinner. I limited his free reign after that incident. He always had a walkie talkie in case so we can stay in contact.

he's 10, not 4. 10 yr olds can walk by them selves

I see he was 10, however from what I read from the OP someone was screaming and said she wouldn't put down the knife. People were urinating in the mini golf holes, and drunks were everywhere. I'm not too sure I'd want my 10 year old walk around alone with all that going on. Maybe any other time but during spring break. I've been on those spring break cruises before.

People, By the second day of school in the first grade I was walking " alone" ( without a parent). There were always groups of kids walking together. And there were days I would be walking alone but with people around. Oh and I grew up in a rough area. Sheltering kids can be bad, they need to understand the dangers for themselves and no how to act.

My husbands co worker shelters his kids alot, we went over there for a work party, my husband took off his leg to go into the water, the 12 year old started crying and had a fit because of my DH leg, The 9 year old was scared and staring. Other children who are not sheltered looked and asked what happened.

To this day I am super aware of my surroundings. I tend to know how many cars are around me when driving the color and the general style. So a 10 year old walking back is not a big deal, it just depends on the 10 year old

So, anyway......does anyone know anything about that incident the OP mentioned?:D

You're never going to know. Most stuff that can be hushed up, the cruiseline hushes up. Other than that, check the police section of the port city the ship returns to. Anything you hear on this board will probably be a thousand degrees' from the truth. I never do understand these threads ::: "Jumper on Destiny, what happened?" "Medical Emergency on Legend: Any info?" Have any of these threads EVER provided accurate information on the event in question? 99% of the time it's just people's natural dark curiosity to find out more on a terrible chapter in someone elses life.

Where did you read that??? :eek::confused:

I was actually there...and where did you read that? Quite the imagination.

I was also on that cruise and didnt hear or see anything. Met several (3 cabins) of guys staying on Riviera and none mentioned it. That being said I have cruised on Paradise MANY times, mostly 3 days and I have never seen such a wild one. I cruised a week later last year on the Paradise and it wasnt like this.. There were atleast 5 different bachelor/bachelorette groups on the ship this time and they were quite the party crowd..

I have a question for anyone who was on the Paradise. Some woman went on and on on Facebook about EVERYTHING that could be wrong on this cruise, anyhow, my question is she said the MDR dinner menu, was different from the other ones in the fleet and scaled way back. I was wondering if anyone on this cruise can verify that?

I have a question for anyone who was on the Paradise. Some woman went on and on on Facebook about EVERYTHING that could be wrong on this cruise, anyhow, my question is she said the MDR dinner menu, was different from the other ones in the fleet and scaled way back. I was wondering if anyone on this cruise can verify that?

I dont think its scaled back and I've been on the Paradise 5-6 times in the past 2 years. Due to the short cruise time, only 3-4 nights worth of menus are available but every night the same number of offerings were available just as if that particular menu was on a longer cruise.

I dont think its scaled back and I've been on the Paradise 5-6 times in the past 2 years. Due to the short cruise time, only 3-4 nights worth of menus are available but every night the same number of offerings were available just as if that particular menu was on a longer cruise.

Thanks for your answer. How did you enjoy your cruise?!? Hopefully it was a great one! Can't wait to hear your review.

Thanks for your answer. How did you enjoy your cruise?!? Hopefully it was a great one! Can't wait to hear your review.

You're most welcome! Loved it...the short cruises can be just as fun as the longer ones :)

Wrong direction to a simple answer...............really do you feel good about going down a path of answers that are irrelevant to the orignial question....the question was about an incident in a hallway... not about the tangents people went on.... not sure these threads need to go this way but....

"Can anyone tell me what happened?"

Sure: There was an incident on the cruise in which security and medical personnel responded. They took appropriate steps to ensure that the safety of the other passengers was not jeopardized, and eventually resolved the incident.

Really, that's all anyone needs to know.

And no, I wasn't there. But, I am always amazed by people who "need to know" confidential information about events that don't directly involve them. As someone who works in a resort, where "incidents" happen every day, I can share that it is really no business of the other guests to have intimate knowledge of what occurred, unless it directly involves them. info

Plus, like many other posters said before, you won't find that on a cruise discussion board, and if you do, it won't be accurate.

(Setting off soapbox)

Carry on!

Originally Posted by inga418 viewpost.gif

quote=halos;28365996]Where did you read that??? :eek::confused:

The things referenced in the above post were discussed in another thread and happened on other ships some time ago, not on the Paradise when the OP was on it.

Archived