RCI in Southern Caribbean for 2012

The southern itinerary for both the AOS and SOS are up on the RCI site for 2012 at least until April 14th 2012. The ships aren't moving anywhere at least until after April.

It is usually April/May when ships move across the pond for the summer season.

The AOS is moving to Europe for the Summer 2012 ...details of her Transatlantic back to San Juan have already been posted on another thread which shows her heading back from Malaga on 3rd Nov 2012.

Maybe they will kepp Adventure of the seas there year long? Its always been a full ship when i have sailed!

Someone has posted the itineraries that the Adventure will be doing during the summer of 2012. It looks like she will be going back to Malaga for the summer just like in years past.

RCL or RCI?

RCI would include Celebrity, which I hope is not the case as we have been planning a 2012 on Celebrity.

I think its just the ships..Adventure/Serenade. There was no mention of Celebrity so I imagine they will still be sailing southern.

Sea Princess usually home ports here during the summer as well and they are no longer doing that as of next season.:(

Well i will just have to keep my fingers crossed that the rumours re Serenade are just rumours not fact!

Its been all over the news here and even the local call in programs are being flooded with calls about the changes......so unfortunately I believe it is more likely fact than rumour.:(

This is indeed a sad day for the southern Caribbean. Maybe they should think about home porting in Barbados.

Its been all over the news here and even the local call in programs are being flooded with calls about the changes......so unfortunately I believe it is more likely fact than rumour.:(

This is indeed a sad day for the southern Caribbean. Maybe they should think about home porting in Barbados.

So sorry Keith, we loved your island on the 2 occasions we visited. Maybe we will have to come for 2 weeks!

So...do I understand this correctly? RCI's Enchantment (schedules open now) will only do the wonderful islands of Bermuda, RHODE ISLAND and BOSTON????? Are they serious? That's like living in Florida and sailing to South Carolina and Norfolk,Va. (with Bermuda thrown in for flavor!)

I have read some posts which indicate more itins to come for 7-day caribean but does that mean more choices will be added for the Enchantment out of Baltimore? Thanks for any clarification anyone can offer...as it stands now, sailing from Baltimore will not be very attractive even though, close.

So...do I understand this correctly? RCI's Enchantment (schedules open now) will only do the wonderful islands of Bermuda, RHODE ISLAND and BOSTON????? Are they serious? That's like living in Florida and sailing to South Carolina and Norfolk,Va. (with Bermuda thrown in for flavor!)

I have read some posts which indicate more itins to come for 7-day caribean but does that mean more choices will be added for the Enchantment out of Baltimore? Thanks for any clarification anyone can offer...as it stands now, sailing from Baltimore will not be very attractive even though, close.

Yeah that itinerary isn't attractive to me at all.

This is terrible news if it's true. The Serenade is my fave ship and the S. Caribbean has been my favorite itinerary so far. :( Now I'm thinking about making our trip next spring a B2B so I can maximize enjoying my time on the ship.

I hope RCCL/RCI doesn't do something as drastic as pull all the ships out of San Juan for the summer months...as long as I've been cruising out of San Juan in the summer the ships have always been full.

I'd think it would be a big loss for them with all their regular Puerto Rican customers and loyal San Juan Port lovers (like me) going with another cruise line.

I hope RCCL/RCI doesn't do something as drastic as pull all the ships out of San Juan for the summer months...as long as I've been cruising out of San Juan in the summer the ships have always been full.

I'd think it would be a big loss for them with all their regular Puerto Rican customers and loyal San Juan Port lovers (like me) going with another cruise line.

Unfortunately, it is true. I read in another thread that the Serenade is confirmed to only spending the winter months in San Juan.

Unfortunately, it is true. I read in another thread that the Serenade is confirmed to only spending the winter months in San Juan.

Yup...and Serenade use to do the southern route year round. Now during the summer months there will be no RCL cruise ships sailing the southern route.:mad::(

Did it even occur to you that the itineraries showing, with the exception of Oasis and Allure, almost all end with April, 2012 and that over the next several weeks the 2012/2013 schedules and deployments will be released? Before jumping to conclusions you might at least wait to see if your gloomy prediction has any basis in fact.

Well, excuuuuuuuuuuse me! I guess we can't all be perfect :rolleyes:

Archived