RCI in Southern Caribbean for 2012

I was looking to see if RCI has their itinerary for the summer 2012 for southern Caribbean up yet, but apparently not.

I booked an April 2012 southern Caribbean cruise back in Sept. 2010 but may need to move it to summer 2012. I would have thought it would be up by now, does anyone know if they're moving their ships out or what is happening to southern Caribbean itinerary for summer 2012?

I was looking to see if RCI has their itinerary for the summer 2012 for southern Caribbean up yet, but apparently not.

I booked an April 2012 southern Caribbean cruise back in Sept. 2010 but may need to move it to summer 2012. I would have thought it would be up by now, does anyone know if they're moving their ships out or what is happening to southern Caribbean itinerary for summer 2012?

The last I read was that 7 night Caribbean cruises for 2012 were going to open the week of April 11, 2011.

Serenade will be leaving the southern itin permanently from 2012. It does not seem as if there will be a replacement.

Tourism authorities in these islands are trying to have a dialogue with RCL as this could have some serious implications for the tourism driven economies of these island states.:(

Just heard on the local news that RCI is pulling out of the southern caribbean ENTIRELY from 2012. Sea Princess will also be moving to Australia from the 2011/2012 summer season.:(

This just played on the local news here in Barbados and came from the mouth of the Executive VP of the Barbados Hotel and Tourism Association. This is the body responsible for all things tourism related in Barbados.

Just heard on the local news that RCI is pulling out of the southern caribbean ENTIRELY from 2012. Sea Princess will also be moving to Australia from the 2011/2012 summer season.:(

This just played on the local news here in Barbados and came from the mouth of the Executive VP of the Barbados Hotel and Tourism Association. This is the body responsible for all things tourism related in Barbados.

I am so sorry to hear this. I hope that doesn't include Celebrity too. What on Earth could they be thinking? I've been long hoping that Royal would run some Southern Carib. roundtrip cruises from Fort Lauderdale or Miami. It seems that such a dream has gone up in smoke.

I am from the uk and much prefer the caribbean cruises then the med. The trips are soooo expensive on the med and often you dock a long way from anything great! Now its midnight and i can't sleep as all day i have been excited about booking next years cruise and now i am sad! And sad for all those ports too!

RCL or RCI?

RCI would include Celebrity, which I hope is not the case as we have been planning a 2012 on Celebrity.

I hope there is a RCI ship out of Puerto Rico for late Spring/Summer 2012. I was hoping to celebrate our 10th anniversary on a Southern Caribbean itinerary. :)

From what I could tell the last southern Caribbean itinerary will be April 2012. We had booked an April b2b to celebrate our 15th anniversary but may need to reschedule for summer, but now it seems that there will no longer be a summer itinerary! :mad:

I wonder if RCI is pulling out of San Juan along with some US ports (ie LA) and moving to European ports because the Euro is stronger than the dollar and that's where the money is, in Europe???

What is RCI thinking?!

From what I could tell the last southern Caribbean itinerary will be April 2012. We had booked an April b2b to celebrate our 15th anniversary but may need to reschedule for summer, but now it seems that there will no longer be a summer itinerary! :mad:

I wonder if RCI is pulling out of San Juan along with some US ports (ie LA) and moving to European ports because the Euro is stronger than the dollar and that's where the money is, in Europe???

What is RCI thinking?!

Did it even occur to you that the itineraries showing, with the exception of Oasis and Allure, almost all end with April, 2012 and that over the next several weeks the 2012/2013 schedules and deployments will be released? Before jumping to conclusions you might at least wait to see if your gloomy prediction has any basis in fact.

If RCI does what you suggest it is probably that they are thinking exactly what you have suggested - the profit is in placing their ships in Europe or other regions. They already explained their reasoning behind the redeployment of Mariner and it is pretty much what you have surmised, it was less profitable to continue sailing from LA than moving to another port and other itineraries.

Will the Serenade be home ported in Norway or is that just a stop? If Norway is the home port, won't this be a "first" for Royal Caribbean....at least in recent years? And where in Norway will the home port be?

It hasn't been confirmed yet where Serenade will be sailing from during the Summer of 2012 but I believe from what I have read that it will be from somewhere on the Med rather than up in Norway....most probably Barcelona or perhaps one of the other Spanish ports :confused:

Archived