Ociania cabin locations

aldrin

Is there a big difference between a B2 cabin and A3 concierge level? Should we upgrade to A3 if we can get a more central location. We are afraid we might get seasick if we are not mid ship.

In my opinion, there is no advantage to Concierge over Verandah. The Cabins are the same. Stick with B2

Is there a big difference between a B2 cabin and A3 concierge level? Should we upgrade to A3 if we can get a more central location. We are afraid we might get seasick if we are not mid ship.

These are the additional amenities for Concierge level. So yes, there are some differences between Concierge level and B2. It may or may not be worth it to you.

Exclusive Concierge Level Amenities

• Welcome bottle of champagne
  • Refrigerated mini-bar with free and unlimited soft drinks and bottled water (beginning with Europe 2010 voyages)
  • DVD player with over 300 of Hollywood’s greatest movies
  • Cashmere lap blankets, perfect for relaxing on your veranda
  • Complimentary Oceania Cruises shoulder bag
  • French-milled amenities

Special Service Privileges

• Priority early embarkation and dedicated check-in desk
  • Priority luggage delivery
  • Priority restaurant reservations in Toscana and Polo Grill
  • Complimentary shoeshine service
  • Complimentary pressing of garments upon embarkation*

The concierge level privileges are being enhanced beginning with the 2012 Europe itineraries.

All guests get one night pre-cruise hotel but concierge and higher get an upgraded hotel.

Guests in all Concierge Level Veranda Staterooms and Suites receive 30 minutes

of FREE Internet use, a FREE Hotel Upgrade and FREE Unlimited Access to the

Canyon Ranch SpaClub®

Private Spa Terrace*

If you're really worried about seasickness book a non verandah cabin midship on deck 4.

I totally agree.

If the cruise is port intensive (as many are) you will rarely use the veranda anyway. Spend the substantial price difference on private excursions.

Aside from the above mentioned Concierge "privileges", the actual staterooms in either A or B categories are identical, only difference within the categories is the location. If the extra amenities are important to you, upgrade to A. Unlike Pacheco18, I love a verandah no matter how port intensive the itinerary is. I love opening the door in the morning for a breath of fresh air and I love a few minutes of quiet time on the verandah before going to bed, or relaxation after a busy day in port. Those are important to me.

Aside from the above mentioned Concierge "privileges", the actual staterooms in either A or B categories are identical, only difference within the categories is the location. If the extra amenities are important to you, upgrade to A. Unlike Pacheco18, I love a verandah no matter how port intensive the itinerary is. I love opening the door in the morning for a breath of fresh air and I love a few minutes of quiet time on the verandah before going to bed, or relaxation after a busy day in port. Those are important to me.

and important to me/us too! it's like a hotel room when some only want a clean place to sleep and others want a place to relax and enjoy the accomodations.

Ditto, we would not travel without the comforts of home and therefore want a balcony and some space to relax and enjoy peace and quiet.:)

Also look at the location. I believe a B2 is close to midship, whereas if you go with an A3, it is more forward and aft, and if you are concerned about movement, a B2 would be better for you. Go with an A2 or A1 if you want Concierge if you are concerned about movement. We, of course, LOVE movement., and therefore go with whichever category takes us forward (preferred) or aft.

The verandah is a must for reasons as mentioned above. Love sitting on the verandah having a glass of wine watching us sail. The actions of arrival and departure are something we love to watch.

Archived