No more lounge chairs on balcony??

We are in 7708 on the Liberty in August, and hoping that there are loungers. It does seem that 1400 and 1700 on Deck 10 on Liberty have from what people are reporting but I saw a recent YouTube video of 7408 on the other side of deck 7 from us and it didn't have any loungers. I might just have to pack one of those portable hammocks!

We were on in April TA and B2B May and they said that was their fleet wide rules. But other ships have loungers? They would not relent on this rule, so I would not count on loungers unless you are in 1400 or 1700.

The Cruise Counter seems to not be working? I usually have the Circle count down things.....??

Pry a Twenty out of your knotted up stash and hand it to your steward with the request.

Works every time. I handed one to every steward I ever met and never had a problem with Towels,loungers,ice,anything. I meet or hear people around the ship who complain about items like this and cannot understand how they cannot figure this out.

Your on VACATION, they are WORKING.

Get whatever you want, GIVE.

Pry a Twenty out of your knotted up stash and hand it to your steward with the request.

Works every time. I handed one to every steward I ever met and never had a problem with Towels,loungers,ice,anything. I meet or hear people around the ship who complain about items like this and cannot understand how they cannot figure this out.

Your on VACATION, they are WORKING.

Get whatever you want, GIVE.

Not always...........

The room stewards absolutely would not get lounge chairs, money or no money!!!! They said they would lose their jobs.

Liberty has very strict rules and they are really followed! We were on for 14 nights and asked many times and no way were we getting loungers. Even had an officer measure our balcony etc. etc. Not happening!!!

Not always...........

The room stewards absolutely would not get lounge chairs, money or no money!!!! They said they would lose their jobs.

Liberty has very strict rules and they are really followed! We were on for 14 nights and asked many times and no way were we getting loungers. Even had an officer measure our balcony etc. etc. Not happening!!!

Agree with this. I even went tried going through the diamond concierge and the CL and they would not do this on the Liberty. Did not have a problem with any other ship in the fleet only the Liberty. The amount of what you were willing to tip did not matter.

Now I suppose you may be able to find someone in their last week of a contract that will not be coming back that will do it.

Agree with this. I even went tried going through the diamond concierge and the CL and they would not do this on the Liberty. Did not have a problem with any other ship in the fleet only the Liberty. The amount of what you were willing to tip did not matter.

Now I suppose you may be able to find someone in their last week of a contract that will not be coming back that will do it.

This is so true. We asked everybody and it was NO in no uncertain terms. We will never book the Liberty ever again until they change the rules. The balcony with loungers is a big part of our cruising experience.

Haven't caught up with this thread in a while but on the May 27th sailing of the Freedom OTS we had 7708, aft corner, and we had two loungers on our balcony. From what we could see from ours, all of them had loungers.

Tim

This is so true. We asked everybody and it was NO in no uncertain terms. We will never book the Liberty ever again until they change the rules. The balcony with loungers is a big part of our cruising experience.

I would personally go up to deck 12, grab a lounger, and carry it to my cabin, twice, one for DW and one for ME!

Tim

Wonder why this is such an issue wiht Liberty in particular? It can't be that it is a fleet wide rule.

We wondered too......but they are sticking to it. Seems to be only a Liberty issue. Jr Suites and up, are no problem, they have loungers.

#1400 and #1700 have 2 loungers but are in a steel corner semi covered balcony on that Class.

I would think carrying a lounger when possibly? seen on the security camera, would not go over very well....:rolleyes:

I would think carrying a lounger when possibly? seen on the security camera, would not go over very well....:rolleyes:

I'm sure alot of things that are seen on the security cameras are ignored, hopefully they have been anyway. ;)

It's not like your stealing it, your not going to take it off the ship with you.

Tim

• 4 weeks later...
We were just about to book an aft on the liberty until I spotted this thread :eek:

That's the only reason we like an aft stateroom.

Oh well, back to the drawing board!

How about NCL do they allow/have loungers on aft rooms?

Better ask on their boards..:)

Ahhh..this thread has been around for a loooongg time!! :eek:

Isn't this the one where we talked about "midnight raider" and "early morning

coffee walker" aquisitions?!! ;)

I was captain of the "early morning coffee walkers" group. :D :D

Ooops PH8...........slapped wrists!!

Not sure what you mean by that........and I wasn't trying to insinuate anything.............just figured you might get a quicker answer on the boards where people normally cruise NCL......sorry,if you took it wrong..:o

Yeah... calm down there... ask your steward for a lounger and s/he will most likely accomodate you. We did that on Oasis, no problem.

Two years ago that worked for us on the Oasis (thanks to CC) however,

in November on the Allure we were denied. They even had the head steward come to our stateroom to tell us we couldn't have one even after

I let him know we were allowed to on the Oasis.

We were able to get one of the chairs That has the foot rests with it on Allure recently.. We asked our steward and he got permission... We had two balconys opened and lived out there the entire cruise!!

Better than being in the CL,right??;)

Archived