Wet Lizard

lovetocruise25

Hello friends my family and I will be in Belize next week and dont have anything planed. I was think just to go do some shoping at the port and grab some lunch. I just have a few questions about the wet lizard

1 How is the food ? what is the best thing on the menu ?

2 Is it a fun place is there music?

3 How are the drinks ? are they strong

Thank you in advance.

Hello friends my family and I will be in Belize next week and dont have anything planed. I was think just to go do some shoping at the port and grab some lunch. I just have a few questions about the wet lizard .

1 How is the food ? Not too bad really.what is the best thing on the menu ? Conch Fritters! Followed by the meat pies.

2 Is it a fun place is there music? I don't recall any, but it can be noisey when full so that could have blocked out music sounds for me. No live band though last time I was there.

3 How are the drinks ? are they strong Had Belikins (beer). Good and cold. Can't opine on well drinks.

Hello friends my family and I will be in Belize next week and dont have anything planed. I was think just to go do some shoping at the port and grab some lunch. I just have a few questions about the wet lizard

1 How is the food ? what is the best thing on the menu ?

2 Is it a fun place is there music?

3 How are the drinks ? are they strong

Thank you in advance.

Overpriced, slow service, beer WAS cold...just another tourist trap,IMHO

The Wet Lizard was not a big deal to us. We saw nicer establishments walking around the pier. There was no music that I recall. We stayed for a beer and left.

In my opinion, if you're going to Belize you should book an excursion either thru your cruiseline or on your own.

We were planning to go to Bannister Island, but it was cancelled and we ended up walking around the pier. To me that was a beautiful sunny day wasted.

We were back on the ship early and just relaxed the rest of the day.

We stop in every time we're in Belize. We enjoy sitting by the railing and people watching.

As said before the conch fritters are great. We're also beer drinkers and enjoy the Belekin's.

There is no music.

Charlie

• 2 weeks later...

Hubby and I had a seafood mix and it was delicious. Belikin Beer was very cold and not bad at all (hubby is a micro drinker so he enjoyed this part of things). Was a little loud but I just kinda expected that considering everything once inside. Service wasn't bad for us...pretty good actually.

Plan to visit it again in September! I find the port area very nice with lots of optional shopping and so forth. The worst part of our day was the heat and humidity...WOW, it was horrible to the point many ppl were sick. Hope you have a comfortable day.

We have been there at least 6 times and the latest was this past Tuesday. DH had the fish special and I like their shrimp ceveche (sp?). The service could not be better; food was fresh and we would go their again. Cannot speak to their drinks as DH had their beer. I would also look at other places to see what they have. They have a wide variety of food on their menu and I did not see an unhappy cruisers. Have a great time.

We enjoyed the wet lizard. Good atmosphere. We sat by the railing to people watch. I had a couple of Belikin beers and my wife had a pina colada. We shared a plate of nachos that could have easily fed four people. Service was good and friendly, food was good and drinks are good. I would recommend you try the place. Oh yea, make sure to bring a pen or sharpie with you. Writing on the tables or the walls or wherever you can find a place to write is encouraged.

We enjoyed the wet lizard. Good atmosphere. We sat by the railing to people watch. I had a couple of Belikin beers and my wife had a pina colada. We shared a plate of nachos that could have easily fed four people. Service was good and friendly, food was good and drinks are good. I would recommend you try the place. Oh yea, make sure to bring a pen or sharpie with you. Writing on the tables or the walls or wherever you can find a place to write is encouraged.

DH & I enjoyed the Wet Lizard for a few years before he finally wrote our names and date visited on the wall there. Have been back several times since then and each time we book a cruise that visits Belize DH reminds me to pack a Sharpie pen to add to our writing on the wall.

My Sharpie pen is always packed in my camera case. We were last at the Wet Lizard in January and will be back there in December. We plan to keep updating Dh's initial post on the wall until there's no more room to post.:D

Dianne

Archived