Shorter Cruise? Should I??

GTO-Girl

I have only taken 7 night cruises, but am thinking about a quick 4 or 5 day cruise out of Jacksonville......

I am well aware it would be a smaller ship than what I'm used to but for those of you who have taken cruises that were both 7 days and shorter, what is your opinion?

Thanks everybody!

I have done perhaps 3 five day cruises and just find it way to short.

I'm sure i could never do a 3 or four day. as soon as you get on the ship your getting off. To much hassle for me packing, boarding ,debarking etc.

I say, GO FOR IT! We love our seven day, and longer cruises, but occasionally I find a good buy on a shorter cruise, (like "Inspiration" out of Tampa) so we book it. I ALWAYS enjoy those cruises, and obviously wish they would last longer, but they are lots and lots of fun and I'm sure you'd feel the same way about the shorter cruises, aboard the older ships. Try it, you'll like it!

"SKY"

We have done everything from 3 to 8 day length of cruises and I have to say we enjoy them all, no matter what length. Shorter cruises are a lot of fun and sometimes, just the ticket. I would always have to say you won't know until you go whether it is your cup of tea. I will take any short cruise that can work out for me.

I read other posts mentioning more of a "party" atmosphere on shorter cruises, but that has not been our experience. I remember one short cruise on the Sensation in particular that I was really surprised at the evening wardrobes (very dressy) on one of our short cruises - but never have seen what others have written about as far as the crowd being more party animals. I actually think that is more the time of year than the length of the cruise.

Go! Enjoy!

I like the short/cheapos....but that being said we add one before or after a longer cruise. I think going just on a short cruise and then that being it would be way too short for us, as other posters have said.

As you can see from my signature we have a cruise booked for May and October.....

Wanting to book a short cruise here at the last minute is just one of my husband's crazy ideas.....:D.

As you can see from my signature we have a cruise booked for May and October.....

Wanting to book a short cruise here at the last minute is just one of my husband's crazy ideas.....:D.

Your husband is my kindred soul. I'm all about throwing in an extra cruise or two here or there! I'm even doing a TWO night cruise, "just because it's there".

I have a coworker who will ONLY do week-long cruises. She'd rather go once every two years. I'd rather go 6-8 times in those two years :)

We take any cruise we can get. Of course, more nights is better, but shorter cruises are cheaper and more do-able if you are limited on vacation time.

Ecstasy 4 and 5 night cruises are the only way we manage to cruise two times a year. One 7 night and one 5 night is our goal. (The 5 night is cheaper than the 4 night on Ecstasy because the 4 night is a weekend)

We can usually get our favorite room on the Empress deck for < $75 a night per person, which are by far our cheapest cruises. Go for it !

Absolutely! Whether long or short, each cruise I've been on has had its own personality. I love the longer cruises but I find the shorter ones equally as fabulous. Yes, I will wish for more days on my upcoming 4-Day ... but, then again I don't ever want to leave the ship on the 7-Dayers either! :D

Think of it like this ... as a land vacation, going away for a week is great. But, sometimes a quick 'weekend' getaway is much more exciting! Have fun and enjoy your shorter cruise!

Well if he wants to........then go and have a good time. :confused:

I like short cruises as long as they are close to home. If I'm going to fly to port, it's gonna be a 7 day one. We are taking another short cruise this summer to scratch our cruise itch until we can take a longer one in early 2012. :D

Archived