Earliest ship luggage check/dropoff

funtimex2

Does anyone know what the earliest time is you can drop off luggage at the port? We have a rental car until 3 and would like to drop off our luggage at the port so we are not hauling it around all day in the car and chance it getting stolen if the car should be broken into.

I was off the ship at 8am, and porters were accepting luggage. People were already in line to board, which, all I could think of, what a waste of time. :) (I just don't get the excitment of being "first" on a ship) :) Anyway, I spent my embarkment day, snorkeling, with my luggage, in the car- wasn't interested in wasting time lined up at the port either. Then got on the ship about 3pm, no waits, no lines. :) To each his own.

Since we will be at the Turtle Bay Resort we aren't interested in leaving too early. We will get up and enjoy the amenities until they make us leave at 11:00. However, our car rental will need to be returned by 12:00 to avoid another day's fees, so we will have to leave no later than 11:00 - return rental car and then take the Thrifty shuttle to the port - drop off luggage and then head to Chinatown before we go back to board around 3:30. When I am boarding a ship in LA or Florida I am a little more anxious to get on board, relax, unpack and explore. But, when in Hawaii we will enjoy the islands to the max. There is so much to see and do in Oahu!

We did the same thing when we boarded the ship in San Juan. We dropped off our bags & checked in, then went out to OSJ and had a really fun Stegway tour.:) There will be plenty of time to explore the ship later on.:D

Archived