Lunch in the Main Dining Room

4Grandcats

I don't think I've ever seen in this site what is available for lunch. I know it's only open on sea days - but what sort of food is there? Sandwiches? A tad more elaborate? On our previous cruise we only went to the buffet or Mast Grill.

Thanks!

Something off topic - How do I get my title in bolder type - mine always comes out looking meager and puny.

I don't think I've ever seen in this site what is available for lunch. I know it's only open on sea days - but what sort of food is there? Sandwiches? A tad more elaborate? On our previous cruise we only went to the buffet or Mast Grill.

Thanks!

Something off topic - How do I get my title in bolder type - mine always comes out looking meager and puny.

Hi, :)I don't have a menu but have eaten lunch in the dining room over

the years. They have a few choices....they do offer sandwiches. An

example from memory...a steak sandwich on a hogie roll. They also

serve regular entrees and offer appetizers, salads, with desserts

as well. It is courses and you can have whatever you like. I do

have one dish that I always loved. Not sure if it still served but

it was a potatoe/cheese pie...heavier than quiche and absolutely

delicious:) and it was always on one of the lunch menus.

As for your bolder type, When you are typing inside this box there

should be some icons above it, along with 2 small boxes, one is for

the font and the other is for the size of the font....mine stays on

2. But if you click on a larger number the size of the words will enlarge.

You can check the lunch menu in the morning outside the dining room so you will know if there is something you'd like to have before you decide where to eat lunch. That should help in the selection process.

We always check the lunch dining room menu and then make our decision on where to eat. There are times where we go to the dining room and have appetizer, soup, salad and/or dessert and then go up to the buffet area for the our entree.

We have always found a nice selection on lunch menus, with at least one sandwich, and then a choice of entrees which are typically more casual than what you find on the dinner menu. You might see a fried shrimp plate with fries, chicken pot pie, or shepherd's pie, for instance. There is also a selection of a couple soups, salads, and appetizers. Plus, it's a nice, relaxing experience, which I think is really the main attraction!

We had lunch in the MDR one day and the menu was great. It had spagetti bollognese (??sp), chicken & beef satay, pressed cuban sandwich, and some other items I cant remember. It was delicious. They had the best dessert of the entire cruise also. A banana creme brulle it was fantastic!

This is one of the best sites I've seen by a Cruise Critic member regarding food. There are menus from just about all venues.

http://sailing.smugmug.com/Celebrity-Eclipse-November/MenusFood/14850454_UchZ4#1108672562_sNuwUhttp://sailing.smugmug.com/Celebrity-Eclipse-November/MenusFood/14850454_UchZ4#110

This is an amazing site and the photos are fab, Thanks for sharing:)

Can somebody explain about the seating, as well? Are you seated according to availability until a table is full, or can you request ( for example) a table for two?

Thanks for your answer.

They seem to seat according to availability. We went in as a twosome and were seated at a table for four by ourselves - I thought we'd be dining alone, but a few minutes later they seated another couple with us. I imagine they'd honor a request if you wanted to be seated by yourselves, but you would need to ask.

Do they have a salad bar like RCI has at lunch? We could choose what wew wanted in our salad and they would mix it, add the dressing, and cut it for you. It was a wonderful treat.

Hi,:) a salad bar in the main dining room? Nope.

Archived