Marina activities on Odyssey

BrentC

Greetings! I'm a newbie on this forum so please don't be too hard on me with my questions.:o

My wife and I are taking the 14-day Venice to Istanbul Odyssey cruise leaving April 25. I've read a lot about the back-of-yacht marina but I can't find a lot of specifics. Can anyone help with the following?

• Is the marina open in each port (weather permitting) or in just a few select ports?
  • We've seen pics of paddle boats, kayaks, windsurfers, and references to water skiing. Are there other water craft available also?
  • Is there a surcharge for any of this?

Thanks for any tips in advance. This is our first Seabourn cruise and we're really looking forward to it! I'm sure there will be many more questions.

Cheers!

Weather permitting the marina gets opened no more than once per cruise and not every cruise. Usually it's when the ship is anchored. All the activities you mentioned are available (not sure about water skiing) and there is no charge.

Weather permitting the marina gets opened no more than once per cruise and not every cruise. Usually it's when the ship is anchored. All the activities you mentioned are available (not sure about water skiing) and there is no charge.

Water skiing is always available.

Host Dan

Thanks very much for the information. I was hoping for a few more days when it would be open, but that's life. There will plenty to do onshore in any event and we're definitely looking forward to enjoying the Odyssey!

BrentC

• 2 weeks later...

Thanks for this post BrentC. My partner and I are doing the same cruise in October of this year where we will be getting married whilst in port in Santorini. I would love to read your feedback and any tips/must see/do when you return. Have a fabulous holiday!

• 2 weeks later...
Thanks for this post BrentC. My partner and I are doing the same cruise in October of this year where we will be getting married whilst in port in Santorini. I would love to read your feedback and any tips/must see/do when you return. Have a fabulous holiday!

Getting married in Santorini sounds so wonderfully romantic, please do post some photos on your return.

Wishing you wonderful weather and a long and happy life together. :)

Archived