Booking Next Cruise Onboard

EithneMay

I am considering booking my next Celebrity cruise while I am on my upcoming cruise. I will be on the Constellation and would be booking a back to back for next winter. Can someone please tell me if Celebrity offers any on board specials such as reduced deposit amount or on board credit? I have never done this before, so any tips on booking while on board would be helpful.

Thanks

I am considering booking my next Celebrity cruise while I am on my upcoming cruise. I will be on the Constellation and would be booking a back to back for next winter. Can someone please tell me if Celebrity offers any on board specials such as reduced deposit amount or on board credit? I have never done this before, so any tips on booking while on board would be helpful.

Thanks

Hi,:) actually they offer both. I have booked a cruise while on board

a current cruise and depending on the length of your new cruise you

can receive up to 300.00 obc for the new booking. They also offer

a reduced deposit (as long as all this is still in place). You will talk

to the Future Cruise Consultant and they should be able to help

with your questions:)

We just did an open booking because the Europe itineraries for 2012 weren't out yet and put down a deposit of $200.00 and are going to get the OBC Lois R spoke about.

Thanks

You will receive a reduced deposit ($100/pp), a future OBC to be used on the cruise you select (amount depends on length of cruise selected), and a 2 or 3 category upgrade (must be within category...i.e., inside to inside, oceanview to oceanview, balcony to balcony...not applicable to suites).

If you do a future onboard booking, your deposit is fully refundable or may be transferred over to any other Celebrity cruise you choose (just be sure they transfer over the same booking number so you keep your perks).

If you do a Celebrity Passages Certificate, you still do the same reduced deposit, but it is to be used on a future cruise to be named later. These certificates have no expiration date, but they are not refundable. You will also get two Friends and Family Certificates, and whomever uses them can receive the same perks you get as long as they book the same future cruise you will be sailing on and do so within 30 days of when you book your future cruise.

Just keep in mind the OBC cannot be combined with any other perks offered by the cruiseline, such as shareholder OBC. If you are being given a perk by your TA, that's fine. You can also transfer any booking made onboard to any travel agent of your choosing, as long as you do so within 60 days of making deposit.

Jo-Ann

Thanks for the info! That was what I was hoping to hear.

You will receive a reduced deposit ($100/pp), a future OBC to be used on the cruise you select (amount depends on length of cruise selected), and a 2 or 3 category upgrade (must be within category...i.e., inside to inside, oceanview to oceanview, balcony to balcony...not applicable to suites).

If you do a future onboard booking, your deposit is fully refundable or may be transferred over to any other Celebrity cruise you choose (just be sure they transfer over the same booking number so you keep your perks).

If you do a Celebrity Passages Certificate, you still do the same reduced deposit, but it is to be used on a future cruise to be named later. These certificates have no expiration date, but they are not refundable. You will also get two Friends and Family Certificates, and whomever uses them can receive the same perks you get as long as they book the same future cruise you will be sailing on and do so within 30 days of when you book your future cruise.

Just keep in mind the OBC cannot be combined with any other perks offered by the cruiseline, such as shareholder OBC. If you are being given a perk by your TA, that's fine. You can also transfer any booking made onboard to any travel agent of your choosing, as long as you do so within 60 days of making deposit.

Jo-Ann

I like the same category upgrade. That is a nice perk. I have no other combinable perks, so the OBC alone is great.

I suggest you make an appointment with the future cruise consultant early in your cruise as the office gets very busy. Also, do your homework before booking and be sure of your dates. We changed our sailing dates the day after returning home and lost the 2 catagory upgrade.

My experience with on-board booking (Dec'10). If you do 'open-end' booking, you lose category upgrades.

The fact the $100 pp deposit is accepted for usual higher deposit amount is handy.

Biggest downside: since you have a 'booking number' in system, you are INELIGIBLE for future big sale rates which are often 'open to new bookings only".

Good Luck

Archived