Do you Do "Walk For Wishes" to support the Make-A-Wish foundation when you cruise?

We got ours a week and a half ago!

Great little reminder of our cruise with a GREAT cause being served!!!

It literally is one foo-foo drink. Just one less drink and you get to know you are helping in a wonderful program!!!

We were on the Enchantment last December and gladly participated. There were a number of folks on board from a group home who had been beneficiaries of the Make a Wish program

I think the Make a Wish program is fantastic and will support it every cruise.

jt1120, you can buy a shirt and wear it on your walk to the buffet ;-)

Happy Sails to You

OOOEEE :D:D Bob and Phyl

Such a great cause, and my family had a lot of fun walking with the Captain, Spa crew and CD and pax!

Have you ever? It is a cheap way to give [and it seems like so many folks love the Tee Shirt & proudly wear them for the rest of the day!]

Yes we did that on the Freedom this past January:),,it's for a great cause,,:)..

Last year on the Navigator Med. cruise, they had 2 treadmills on the promonade and we participated along with many, many other guests. They raised over $20,000 and the cruise director promised to wear a dress on the stage if they raised the $20,000. And we will participate again.

Jan

They had a auction on a past RCI cruise, that was fun. They auctioned off tours and useless RC stuff, but it was a lot of fun. The bidding was intense. I would do it again! jdc2204

I haven't been on a Royal Caribbean ship that participated in this yet but hopefully will be in June.

My daughter and I have walked several times on Carnival ships in the "On Deck for a Cure" walk for breast cancer.

Right before our December cruise I had just learned that Make-A-Wish had just granted a young girl and her family a vacation to Tahiti. I wore my Walk for Wishes t-shirt loud and proud for Sydney & her family. Anytime you can exercise and raise awareness for Make-A-Wish, Susan G. Komen (Princess cruise), and other fundraisers....just do it.

Co-Captain, Relay for Life, San Pedro, Calif.

rib10.gif

I haven't been on a Royal Caribbean ship that participated in this yet but hopefully will be in June.

My daughter and I have walked several times on Carnival ships in the "On Deck for a Cure" walk for breast cancer.

TA Voyager 11/10 had "make a wish" , a wonderful cause by RCL. And very successful and well received. I am a cancer survivor also!

I agree, it is for such a good cause!!! Actually, I fess up, we "all" didnt walk, but we were so happy to buy the tee shirts and contribute!! They're only $10 each! I think they have this or a form of a walk on every cruise, you just have to either read it in your compass, or be on deck when they're annoucning it (& selling the tee shirts)

I decided to post a thread about it, because I didnt think many knew it existed. In my [whatever] years on CC I recall a thread, once, way back.

:)

While I'm not sure about the shorter cruises I'm pretty sure that the 7-nighters have them on every sailing. Always on a sea day and the t-shirts are for sale on the pool deck. Pleasantly surprised to read that they do it on the Promenade deck as well!

Archived