Would you purchase a drink package?

Debde

Yes or No to the drink package  

691 members have voted

1. 1. Yes or No to the drink package

• Yes
    • No
    • Yes, if it included soda

My next cruise is too port intensive more me to get my money's worth since I am a very light drinker and don't drink beer. LOL

I would get the house brand package if it included soda, that way I could get pretty much whatever I wanted without worrying about it.

Not a good fit for me. I don't care about beer or soda. I like wine and the occasional cocktail, but I wouldn't want to be restricted to house wines, and the premium package would just be a bit too expensive. I come out better with the pay-as-you-go method.

Here's a thought for the soda included. It would probably be cost effective for Royal to include soda I think.

possible senario:

I just want a coke. I order a rum and coke-hold the rum. For some strange reason-the bartender says-I cann't do that. So-I ask for the rum on the side-I then proceed to give that rum to the person next to me compliments from me!!!!:) It would probably be cheaper for Royal to just include the soda!!;)

Me and all my pals have discussed this since the news came out...

We all agree that, even at the premium level of $49 per day, Royal Caribbean would end up losing a significant amount of money on each and every one of us. :p

I voted no because I don't drink enough beer or cocktails a day to make up the cost. I prefer bottles of wine with dinner and am not getting that package either because if the restricted selection. However in my younger days I'm sure I would have signed up for this. Then I would have felt obligated to get my money's worth and would have been having 6 or 7 drinks a day. My mornings would be hell.

Not worth it for us as we only drink wine with dinner and would never get our money's worth out of the $29 package per person each day. Besides, the $29 package only includes glasses of house wine - could that be LaTerre?

Not a good fit for me. I don't care about beer or soda. I like wine and the occasional cocktail, but I wouldn't want to be restricted to house wines, and the premium package would just be a bit too expensive. I come out better with the pay-as-you-go method.

Same here.

I know folks share soda cards, what will keep them from sharing these packages?

M

I know folks share soda cards, what will keep them from sharing these packages?

M

I'm sure some will do so, but as for me, what would keep me from sharing (if I were not honest) would be that I am usually ordering drink while sitting with my wife at dinner, at the shows, in the Viking Crown lounge, etc. It's not so easy to hide that you're buying drinks for two people in those situations. I'm not going to modify my vacation behavior and be sneaking around to different bars, just to scam them out of some free drinks.

If there was an "It Depends" choice, I would have been in that group.

It depends on the cruise. On a port intensive cruise, with little pool time (Northern Europe, Alaska, etc.), I can't see buying one. I'm probably two glasses of wine a night, and maybe something at the show.

On a Caribbean sun trip, where the ports are an afterthought and laying by the pool being high on the entertainment list, I can see buying a package just so I didn't have to worry about having a couple of mango tangos and a couple of drinks during late night entertainment.

Maybe that's why they're not offering them in the Caribbean?

I wonder the logistics of it, how will RCL minimize sharing? My suspicion is they may charge it to a room, so both passengers or neither have the package.

I haven't cruised yet, and so this is as good a place as any to ask - what do they charge for beers on a cruise?

I wonder the logistics of it, how will RCL minimize sharing? My suspicion is they may charge it to a room, so both passengers or neither have the package.

Most rooms hold more then 2. If 4 adults share a Family suite but only one of the bunch drinks-not fair for all to pay. Don't think that would work!!

Most rooms hold more then 2. If 4 adults share a Family suite but only one of the bunch drinks-not fair for all to pay. Don't think that would work!!

I agree that requiring all within a cabin to purchase the package is not likey, but I'll quibble with you a bit on the claim that most rooms hold more than 2. Yes, there are triples and quads, but the majority are two-person cabins. I'm not sure of the ratios, but I think it's around 2/3 of the cabins on most ships that are doubles.

Archived