Rum runners

marydallas

I don't have a problem with getting booze on board. It is easy to remove the caps on soda and water bottles without breaking the seal if you try. I than fill the bottles with the beverage close to that color or add coloring if required. Put the caps back on and bingo bango just carry them thru. Haven't had a problem. It is just as easy if you have them mixed in with the regular bottles.

I don't have a problem with getting booze on board. It is easy to remove the caps on soda and water bottles without breaking the seal if you try. I than fill the bottles with the beverage close to that color or add coloring if required. Put the caps back on and bingo bango just carry them thru. Haven't had a problem. It is just as easy if you have them mixed in with the regular bottles.

LOL, it never ceases to AMAZE me when folks like MICHED here put these "tips" up on a Public Forum.

Like the cops say, it isn't always that hard to catch the crooks (and YES Booze Smugglers YOU ARE CROOKS) because they always seem to be so proud of their accomplishments that they feel a need to brag about them !!

Sadly though, such shenanigans means that some of the nice things about Celebrity end up being eliminated because of a few who choose to abuse them... can ruin it for EVERYONE ELSE

There are a lot of Cruisers who currently benefit from Celebrity's GENEROUS Policy of being able to bring along their own Bottled Water and Pop... so when Celebrity decides at some point in the future to elminate that and EVERYONE will have to purchase those things aboard, we will ALL KNOW EXACTLY WHO to thank for that happening.

In the meantime, I will be quite happy to find out if Celebrity wants to pick thru my belongings with a fine tooth comb in an effort to find the crooks who try these stunts... and ya I have NO PROBLEM when finding your "begotten booty" if they choose to confisgate YOUR Alcohol, dump it down the drain (preferably infront of you) ... or set you off ashore at the next port of call if they don't discover your "smuggling" until at some point thru the cruise.

In the end, Crime Doesn't Pay... and you get what you deserve !!

Cheers!

It would be nice if you could refrain from making posts such as these. Celebrity is very generous in permitting guests to bring on board non alcoholic beverages. Sister line RCI does not do this. Celebrity monitors these boards and if they feel a decent number of people are doing what you described, they likely will crack down by not allowing anybody to bring beverages on board. Why spoil it for everybody?

It would be nice if you could refrain from making posts such as these. Celebrity is very generous in permitting guests to bring on board non alcoholic beverages. Sister line RCI does not do this. Celebrity monitors these boards and if they feel a decent number of people are doing what you described, they likely will crack down by not allowing anybody to bring beverages on board. Why spoil it for everybody?

If you are not interested in this subject WHY do you open it?????

They open it because while they don't want you to have your free drink they want to keep theirs They are afraid that Celebrity might cancel there freebies to prevent liquor smuggling. Have you seen the cost of cokes and bottled water on a cruise ship? Or what about those two free bottles of wine you can bring on.. The cruise ship looses more money from one case of water or a couple bottles of free wine than one bottle of baileys...well that is if Celebrity didn't have a 400% markup on their stateroom liquor packages:mad:

So in essence what they are saying is they get there free stuff and they don't want you to ruin it for them by your wanting your free stuff....

We will be on the Summitt in March after having been on RCI for many years, so we are quite excited about being able to bring 2 bottles of wine on the ship. My question- is there a store near the Pier in San Juan where we can purchase the wine, since it will be kind of difficult to bring it on the plane? thanks

If you are not interested in this subject WHY do you open it?????

Excuse me, who are you to tell me what threads to open? :eek:

Obviously I found the thread interesting or I would not have opened it. You are foolish if you do not think Celebrity monitors these boards and if you do not think there can be negative repercussions of people bragging about doctoring up water and soda bottles to conceal booze. While I do not have any personal vested interest (I do not consume soda and I find the ship's tap water to be fine), I think it would be a shame if the actions of a few spoiled it for the many. I am not saying that I am anti-smuggling or that I think people are bad who smuggle, I am merely advising against making the types of posts that was quoted in my previous response.

Oh great, here we go again. Lessons learned from smuggling booze onto a bargain-fare cruise line permeates to this cruise line's posts.

Please read the rules regarding smuggling booze onto Celebrity.

[quote

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

I drink coffee on my balcony while still in my Jammy's. Drink package is not delivered to your cabin.[/quote

That's what we do. Coffee baileys and jammies on the balcony. Again if they were reasonable on there pricing and they had a better selection I would pay. I don't mind profit I hate gouging. As far as comparing prices sometimes Princess is higher sometimes Celebrity I know we will enjoy or cruise in two months but we will miss coffee and Baileys in the morning

If you have the package, stop by any bar the night before. Ask for some Baileys straight up. Take it to your cabin. Refrigerate if you must. Pour into coffee the next morning. Enjoy!!!

LOL, it never ceases to AMAZE me when folks like MICHED here put these "tips" up on a Public Forum.

Like the cops say, it isn't always that hard to catch the crooks (and YES Booze Smugglers YOU ARE CROOKS) because they always seem to be so proud of their accomplishments that they feel a need to brag about them !!

Sadly though, such shenanigans means that some of the nice things about Celebrity end up being eliminated because of a few who choose to abuse them... can ruin it for EVERYONE ELSE

There are a lot of Cruisers who currently benefit from Celebrity's GENEROUS Policy of being able to bring along their own Bottled Water and Pop... so when Celebrity decides at some point in the future to elminate that and EVERYONE will have to purchase those things aboard, we will ALL KNOW EXACTLY WHO to thank for that happening.

In the meantime, I will be quite happy to find out if Celebrity wants to pick thru my belongings with a fine tooth comb in an effort to find the crooks who try these stunts... and ya I have NO PROBLEM when finding your "begotten booty" if they choose to confisgate YOUR Alcohol, dump it down the drain (preferably infront of you) ... or set you off ashore at the next port of call if they don't discover your "smuggling" until at some point thru the cruise.

In the end, Crime Doesn't Pay... and you get what you deserve !!

Cheers!

YES!!!

Thank you.

They open it because while they don't want you to have your free drink they want to keep theirs They are afraid that Celebrity might cancel there freebies to prevent liquor smuggling. Have you seen the cost of cokes and bottled water on a cruise ship? Or what about those two free bottles of wine you can bring on.. The cruise ship looses more money from one case of water or a couple bottles of free wine than one bottle of baileys...well that is if Celebrity didn't have a 400% markup on their stateroom liquor packages:mad:

So in essence what they are saying is they get there free stuff and they don't want you to ruin it for them by your wanting your free stuff....

Hon, perhaps you should just stay on your Carnival cruises.

What I notice is there are people on this board that if you dare say anything negative about Celebrity make personnel attacks. Maybe some of us are not koolaide drinkers and while we like Celebrity there might be things we don't like and would appreciate being able to air and discuss the topic without being attack by fellow posters.

!

Cheers!

I have many more. :p

I have a oxygen bottle and a cane that serves as a flask. I use these for many other venues to sneak in booze. :D. Amazing how much booze it takes to fill up the cane. :eek:

When's your next cruise? I want to go with you! LOL

We will be going March 5 on the Silhoulette. There is another couple joining us so we will probably need more booze. May have them take the walker and I might have to take the wheel chair. What is nice about those is I was able to make many compartments and that allows an assortment of booze. Then I can take beer in the oxygen tanks because I can keep them pressurized. But then again with all of the ports it may not be necessary, can always refill with the cheap duty free. Depends on what they want to drink. :D

• 4 weeks later...
If you have the package, stop by any bar the night before. Ask for some Baileys straight up. Take it to your cabin. Refrigerate if you must. Pour into coffee the next morning. Enjoy!!!

That is the single most helpful post I have read on these forums! I have the package and want coffee and bailey's in the morning. Don't know why I didn't think of this. I think I will stockpile each time I head back to the cabin :-).

Archived