Civitavecchia Cabs

Sunshine required

Hi there,

We are looking to book Civitavecchia Cabs for our transfers from Hotel to ship for embarkation.

Has anyone used this company before? I would like opinions/recomendations.

They have given us a very good price but I cannot see any reviews on trip adviser.

Many thanks!

S x

• 2 years later...

HI there,

I was going to look for comments, reviews or critiques of Civitavecchia Cabs...it is true that they are incredibly less expensive than, for example, the quote we got from the concierge at our hotel in Rome. the concierge offered a private car for euros 254!!! and Civit. Cabs offers the same thing - merecedes E class - English speaking driver for 119 euros...seems to good to be true. The last request for info on this company was in 2011! has anyone used them since...??? Please let us know - we leave soon! Many thanks..

We have used RomeCabs over 10 times in the last 3 years. They are very reliable and have a great reputation on this board. The price for 2 is 130 euros. We have found people on our roll call to share the cost. The total price increases, but the price per person decreases. (By the way, RomeCabs is a misnomer. The drive Mercedes and their drivers wear suits.)

I personally would only use a company that has a lot of great feedback. Getting to your ship is important and the port is a long way from Rome.

Our most recent cruise out of Rome was in November. I posted on the roll call looking for people to join us on the transfer. I quickly received an offer to join someone else's group but it was with a company I'd never heard of and a search on this forum didn't find any hits. I respectfully declined their offer and said I needed to go with a company I had confidence in. I found 2 couples to join us on a RomeCabs transfer.

The price of 254 euros is insane! I've never heard of a price like that.

I would always be cautious of someone who is throwing out a lowball price. Gas is expensive in Europe and drivers need to be paid. For what it is worth we have used Stefano who owns both Romecabs and Stefano Rome Tours for over ten years and have always been delighted with his services. His drivers speak good english and are always friendly and nicely dressed. The vehicles all clean and well maintained. I have been going to Italy every summer since childhood and have never heard of the company you mentioned.

For all who have written to endorse Rome Cabs...thank you!! We are booked with them now. The reservation process was easy, quick and we are delighted that so many experienced travelers have had success with this company. Many, many thanks! :)

We have used RomeCabs over 10 times in the last 3 years. They are very reliable and have a great reputation on this board. The price for 2 is 130 euros.

Could you tell me what tip you gave? We will be 2 @ 130 Euros?

Thanks!:)

Could you tell me what tip you gave? We will be 2 @ 130 Euros?

Thanks!:)

We have always received fabulous service from RomeCabs and we tip 10% of our fare (we book private transfers to/from the hotel and find others to share the transfer to/from the port.)

We have always received fabulous service from RomeCabs and we tip 10% of our fare (we book private transfers to/from the hotel and find others to share the transfer to/from the port.)

I appreciate your answer!:)

Archived