Yeah we get Richard Spacey!!

Did they happen to say if he was going to be the CD for the week before you are sailing? We will be on the October 22nd sailing. Thanks.

No sorry, I only asked for the specific dates for our cruise.

For those that could not care less about who their Cruise Director is - then don't read these posts!!! Some of us find the interaction with the CD a fun part of the cruise experience. Love and Marriage and Quest are two things we enjoy, and the CD can make or break these games.

Did they happen to say if he was going to be the CD for the week before you are sailing? We will be on the October 22nd sailing. Thanks.

Except when he is on vacation, Oasis now belongs to Spacey. :)

• 3 months later...
When is Richard back on Oasis from his vacation?:confused:

I heard that Richard will be on the Explorer of the Seas which leaves from NJ. He won't be back on the Oasis of the Seas.

I guess Im the only one that watches the ships tv channel in my stateroom... Richard Spacey had some very funny videos and spoofs that were televised. Limey-away, and the budweiser ads, etc.

(But Its interesting to hear the counterargument against overly outgoing CDs- that some people get annoyed on mulitple cruises and B2Bs. I guess in the end thats why someone like Ken Rush was given the newest ship Allure- Because he doesnt go overboard and acts mature which can at times can be boring for some but doesnt upset any small minority of cruisers).

The wierd part about the random jokes they tell in their public appearances is that ken rush told many of the same exact same jokes as richard spacey on the Oasis the second time I cruised a few months later. I understand that a CD will tell the same jokes on subsequent cruises, but I didnt realize one would follow anothers scripts.

On the 70s night last year on Oasis, the CD dresses up like an indian chief and does some very funny dances with a bunch of staff dancers, on the platform above the royal promenade- it was strange to see Ken Rush do this the same way to the T, after seeing Richard Spacey do it- ken did many of the exact same dance moves but did not nail the moves with the same manic fervor.

We were on Allure for a B2B in March. Allen Brooks was our CD the first week. He dressed as the Native American for the 70s party (and looked mighty fine in his loincloth ;)). The second week Ken Rush was our CD -- he came out wearing a boxer's robe with a 70s Saturday Night Fever white suit underneath. Can't imagine Ken Rush wearing that loincloth and am glad he didn't!

I was surprised how little we saw of either CD both weeks. I guess because on previous ships, the CD was always there to introduce the night's show in the main theater. Allure's entertainment was so different, that he was rarely there (maybe for the headliners and after Chicago or BluePlanet).

Fortunately the CD doesn't make or break a cruise for us. We just like seeing someone who's entertaining. And they all tell the same jokes...

We were on Allure for a B2B in March. Allen Brooks was our CD the first week. He dressed as the Native American for the 70s party (and looked mighty fine in his loincloth ;)). The second week Ken Rush was our CD -- he came out wearing a boxer's robe with a 70s Saturday Night Fever white suit underneath. Can't imagine Ken Rush wearing that loincloth and am glad he didn't!

I was surprised how little we saw of either CD both weeks. I guess because on previous ships, the CD was always there to introduce the night's show in the main theater. Allure's entertainment was so different, that he was rarely there (maybe for the headliners and after Chicago or

Fortunately the CD doesn't make or break a cruise for us. We just like seeing someone who's entertaining. And they all tell the same jokes...

I was on the Allure last week. Ken Rush was the unfriendliest CD I have ever had. We were in the Diamond Lounge every evening before dinner and so was he. He never acknowledged any guest in the lounge. He sat with friends and conversed with them. I found it extremely rude.

DJMike

What ship are you on? If you are Mike S then you are our favorite CD from the Serenade of the Seas to Alaska in 2009, and your YouTube spots are great. We are doing Oasis this fall but maybe we should look for your ship! Happy Sails!

DJMike

What ship are you on? If you are Mike S then you are our favorite CD from the Serenade of the Seas to Alaska in 2009, and your YouTube spots are great. We are doing Oasis this fall but maybe we should look for your ship! Happy Sails!

Mike has left RCCL and took a job as a policeman in Canada. We were on his last cruise which was the transatlantic to Barcelona in May. I want looking for his youtube videos and they have been taken down. Djmike was his handle on here.

Wow, I saw his reply on here. Maybe the police gig didn't work out for whatever reason.

One of the posts on here mentions Quest, I have heard in mentioned lots of times on here but don't know what it is....can someone elaborate please?

We have had Carly Boileau twice on long trips so we are hoping to experience someone else's take on the CD role next!

I always agreed with what you are saying UNTIL I went on Oasis with Rcihard Spacey :D He was just the funniest guy - and he did way more than just MC the belly flop and introduce the shows. And Quest was the best ever with him as the host ;)

Agreed.....a good CD can make a big difference....especially if you like things like the 70's dance party and Quest just to mention a couple....I think Richard hosted the best Quest show we have been to yet.....and his 5 minute dance evolution is fantastic. In contrast Graham Seymour held the most boring unenthusiastic Quest on Freedom a couple weeks ago that we have attended yet.

Richard comes back to the Oasis July 23- October 22, then will be on the Explorer going forward.

The CD who will take over in October is the famous TBA.

For real??? Richard Spacey is going to be on Explorer? I think I need to book another cruise :D I can be at Bayonne in 30 minutes! So is this a fact or just another rumor? :confused:

For real??? Richard Spacey is going to be on Explorer? I think I need to book another cruise :D I can be at Bayonne in 30 minutes! So is this a fact or just another rumor? :confused:

We just had Richard on Oasis on our June 4th sailing...not sure when he left:confused: but that would seem like a very short vaca to be just coming back already.

We just had Richard on Oasis on our June 4th sailing...not sure when he left:confused: but that would seem like a very short vaca to be just coming back already.

So how can I find out for sure? After we had him on Oasis last year my kids said they wanted to do a New Years Eve cruise with him. How awesome would that be if we could go out of Bayonne? :D Of course the itinerary is awful - I swore I would never go out of the northeast in Dec again - did that 2 years ago and weather was not good. :rolleyes:

Archived