Yeah we get Richard Spacey!!

I just heard back from RCL that we will indeed have Richard Spacey for our CD on our October 29th 2011 cruise on Oasis!!

We are very happy because on our Freedom cruise in February, we were all ready to have Graham Seymour, and then he went on vacation and we had Kirk Detwiller who we really did not care for.

Who did you contact at RCI to find out this information. Did you call or email and what was the number or the address? I'm trying to find out for cruise on Allure in 30 days.. Thank you

I just emailed the "Contact Us" button on the RCI website. They took about three days to get back to me.

I have been on about 10 cruises and I could not tell you the names of any of the cruise directors. They all pretty much say the same things and even sound the same. I wish I can find a cruise line that didn't have a cruise director.. Nice & quiet.

I have been on about 10 cruises and I could not tell you the names of any of the cruise directors. They all pretty much say the same things and even sound the same. I wish I can find a cruise line that didn't have a cruise director.. Nice & quiet.

Been on 22, and the only CD I can remember by name was Jeff Arpin from RCCL who we had on the Navigator and Mariner ( I think). He was excellent. None of the others was "bad", I just don't remeber them -- not a huge part of our experience.

mac_tlc

THANK YOU. I thought it was just me, but I've always marvelled at how worked up people get over who the CD is. I understand that there are so many things to do on a ship -- especially one like the Oasis -- that different people can have a completely different cruise experience, but really, the day the guy who introduces the evening's show and MC's the belly flop contest can seriously affect my cruise experience, I think I will definitely have taken one cruise too many. However, to each his own.

THANK YOU. I thought it was just me, but I've always marvelled at how worked up people get over who the CD is. I understand that there are so many things to do on a ship -- especially one like the Oasis -- that different people can have a completely different cruise experience, but really, the day the guy who introduces the evening's show and MC's the belly flop contest can seriously affect my cruise experience, I think I will definitely have taken one cruise too many. However, to each his own.

I always agreed with what you are saying UNTIL I went on Oasis with Rcihard Spacey :D He was just the funniest guy - and he did way more than just MC the belly flop and introduce the shows. And Quest was the best ever with him as the host ;)

After 4 cruises with Richard Spacey, I'm kind of over him. I realize he's very talented and good at what he does...but after 4 cruises, his antics go from hysterical to funny to cute to annoying.

I'll be on Oasis in 4 weeks and will get Spacey for the fifth time. Would have preferred Graham Seymour for this one.

After 4 cruises with Richard Spacey, I'm kind of over him. I realize he's very talented and good at what he does...but after 4 cruises, his antics go from hysterical to funny to cute to annoying.

I'll be on Oasis in 4 weeks and will get Spacey for the fifth time. Would have preferred Graham Seymour for this one.

I agree with you, IMHO I just don't get the appeal, maybe because he is a fellow brit, I just cannot see how he can laugh at the "10 questions cruisers ask" hysterically as if he has never ever heard them.

However. I do accept he is very popular with a lot of cruisers, so now I will select my seat, get my popcorn and enjoy the flaming ;)

I always agreed with what you are saying UNTIL I went on Oasis with Rcihard Spacey :D He was just the funniest guy - and he did way more than just MC the belly flop and introduce the shows. And Quest was the best ever with him as the host ;)

Agreed, That was one good part of the Cruise in Review CD we had from Freedom. (I rarely buy that CD, ok I have twice) Loved the one from Freedom, got tricked into buying it on Navigator.

To the people who don't remember their CD, why do you feel the need to mention it in every CD thread? I'm with you most of the time, but don't understand your disdain, and the fake, "to each his own"

For those that have maybe had him 3 or 4 times, I guess I can understand not having the appeal.

We had Richard for the 1st time on the Oasis in October, and he was great, all of us loved him, they would love to have him again! I have to say he was one of the 1st cruise directors we really enjoyed!!!

Yup just got off the Oasis too, and though Richard was just fine as cruise directors go (though did think that top gun video was really lame), still feel the same way about cruise directors in general -- they really have no impact on the cruise for me.

First, let me say that I am with you. (They are all the same to me)

BUT

to be fair though, isn't it the job of the cruise director to direct the cruise? Doesn't he/she hire all the entertainment, plan the activities etc etc. (If he just introduced the shows or what not wouldn't the cruise industry just call them "Cruise MC"?) If that is the case, a bad CD can definitely affect the experience.

Just a thought

Archived