Butlers Unpacking??

Butler did not offer to unpack for me or my family during recent cruise on Epic. He was a nice person, but other than delivering a tray of appetisers each afternoon, he really didn't do much (anything?) for us. I'm not slamming him. We didn't make any requests.

Some may find butler service valuable. I did not.

Having said that, I believe the butler is still entitled to a gratuity. The butler is not part of the DSC (tip pool). Even if not used, the butler is on duty and available to handle guest requests. Moreover, I am sure there are things going on behind the scenes that I am not even aware of. All of this warrants compensation. More service requested, more compensation warranted.

Just my opinion.

The list of suite amentities states that the butlers will unpack your luggage for you. Do they really do this? I'm not sure I'd be comfortable with that. Although... it might be easy to get used to!!

For my first suite I had considered this but got flamed so bad here for even suggesting it that I didn't dare. I'm with you, it's listed in the suite amenities!

The list of suite amentities states that the butlers will unpack your luggage for you. Do they really do this? I'm not sure I'd be comfortable with that. Although... it might be easy to get used to!!

Well if you go on the Jewel, and get Erlindo, good luck with that! I had to laugh when I read the card inside the room that mentioned that you can have the butler draw your bathwater at a certain time each night.. yeaaaa right! He had a puss on him when ever you asked him for the simpliest things. Needless to say he was rewarded accordingly. He turned into someone we would try to avoid each day.

The Butler has always asked us if we wished to have him unpack our luggage. We have always declined. To be honest, I picture the days afterwards kind of like if I let my beloved Doug unpack the groceries when I buy them or unload the dishwasher when it's done. I wouldn't find things for weeks.. LOL. I'm very contented unpacking my own luggage. I actually enjoy unpacking luggage...it's packing the luggage I hate.. Is that weird? lol

Well if you go on the Jewel, and get Erlindo, good luck with that! I had to laugh when I read the card inside the room that mentioned that you can have the butler draw your bathwater at a certain time each night.. yeaaaa right! He had a puss on him when ever you asked him for the simpliest things. Needless to say he was rewarded accordingly. He turned into someone we would try to avoid each day.

And sadly cause of him I would never go on the Jewel in fear of having him again. He was that bad! He was a very odd man.

OP, if you want to do it, go ahead and do it, it's mentioned as an amenity! It seems that very few CCers take advantage of this-- I didn't do it, either, but mostly because I wanted to be able to find our stuff and because I really didn't want him handling personal things, jewelry, etc. Just remember it when you're organizing your tips at the end of the cruise!!

And sadly cause of him I would never go on the Jewel in fear of having him again. He was that bad! He was a very odd man.

As you know from previous threads we love Erlindo but you need not worry you can book the Jewel he went on his 2 month vacation last week and will be going to another ship. We missed him!

I'm gonna ask the butler to set up my Ipod speakers, insert the Ipod, Turn up the volume, and cue up Brass Monkey by the Beastie Boys just so that I can say that I did it. lol

Hahaha, okay, so I had to youtube it. Now I feel really old!

coka

Butler did not offer to unpack for me or my family during recent cruise on Epic. He was a nice person, but other than delivering a tray of appetisers each afternoon, he really didn't do much (anything?) for us. I'm not slamming him. We didn't make any requests.

Some may find butler service valuable. I did not.

Having said that, I believe the butler is still entitled to a gratuity. The butler is not part of the DSC (tip pool). Even if not used, the butler is on duty and available to handle guest requests. Moreover, I am sure there are things going on behind the scenes that I am not even aware of. All of this warrants compensation. More service requested, more compensation warranted.

Just my opinion.

You are having a laugh arnt you ? I mean do i have to spend my entire cruise hunting down staff not in the DSC just so i can tip them for work they have not done for me. Jeez you guys are unbelievable.

How do i tip the Captain cause im sure he isnt in the DSC pool ?

You are having a laugh arnt you ? I mean do i have to spend my entire cruise hunting down staff not in the DSC just so i can tip them for work they have not done for me. Jeez you guys are unbelievable.

How do i tip the Captain cause im sure he isnt in the DSC pool ?

If a non-DSC staffer is anticipating a tip, believe me they will be by to see you on the last night and get their tip, you won't have to hunt them down!

Archived