Question about O's brochure rates??

bornfreenowexpensive

On the front of the brochure is advertised "bonus $1000 savings". I can't find an explanation for what this really means. Anyone know?

Also, I know many of you have taken quite a few trips on O, this will be my second. Do I get any benefit from being a returning customer (other than an extra cocktail party)?

On the front of the brochure is advertised "bonus $1000 savings". I can't find an explanation for what this really means. Anyone know?

Also, I know many of you have taken quite a few trips on O, this will be my second. Do I get any benefit from being a returning customer (other than an extra cocktail party)?

Oceania's standard pricing is "2 for 1", meaning that if the brochure rate is $10,000, the actual fare is $5,000.

Occasionally they will offer "bonus $1,000 savings or something similar. the bonus shows up in the actual fare. For example, if the brochure fare is $10,000 and there is a bonus $1,000 savings in addition to the 2 for 1, the fare in the right hand column next to the brochure fare would be $4,000.

Note -- as time grows short on popular cruises, the price actually goes up -- for example, the Colonial Crossing of Marina, later this month, is now shown as "Free Airfare and 40% off", not 2 for 1 (50%). Often, as sailing time comes even closer, the free airfare will be dropped, and there have even been cases where the discount dropped to 30%. It pays to book early. By the way, this potential loss of the airfare option even though paying a higher fare is what gives the truth to the statement, "free air".

As a past guest, you are automatically enrolled in the Oceania Club. As a member, you will receive a certificate for $200 (per stateroom) off a future cruise. This certificate can be used to reduce the price of an already booked cruise -- call your travel agent. If you book a future cruise while on board, you will get a 5% discount on that cruise. However, you will lose the $200 benefit. If you are a couple, the Oceania Club benefit is actually $100 per person, so if you book a cruise greater than $2,000 per person, the 5% is a better deal. you can transfer the booking to a different one and carry forward the 5% as long as you do it before final payment of the originally booked cruise. you can only transfer that discount once.

After 4 cruises, you will also receive $200 shipboard credit on cruises 5 through 9, and higher incentives beyond that.

On select sailings you can check the Promotions page for details

http://www.oceaniacruises.com/promotions.aspx

Not really until your 5th cruise

After each cruise you get a $200 voucher good for the next cruise if booked within a certain time (45 days I think)

Lyn

Oceania's standard pricing is "2 for 1", meaning that if the brochure rate is $10,000, the actual fare is $5,000.

Occasionally they will offer "bonus $1,000 savings or something similar. the bonus shows up in the actual fare. For example, if the brochure fare is $10,000 and there is a bonus $1,000 savings in addition to the 2 for 1, the fare in the right hand column next to the brochure fare would be $4,000.

Hondorner

Actually, I believe the $1,000 is off the cabin, which would be $500 each. In your example, the fare would be $4,500 p/p. Original fare 5,000 minus the 500.

Yo have to remember that O's brochure prices, like every cruises lines, are arbitrary. I believe they work backwards in determining the price, that is they decide what the real cost should be, then double it to come up with the brochure price so some people will believe they are getting half off.

What does it mean then if it states $1000 On Board Credit. Is that the amount that one can spend and what can one buy with it.

It is On Board credit that can ONLY be used on board..you cannot use it to prebook any tours for instance if you want to prebook Denali in Alaska you cannot use that obc. Otherwise you can use it for anything that you can charge to your on board account, including shopping..I would buy a nice piece of jewelry..LOL

Jancruz1

I am sure it will be a 'use it or lose it' credit. What you do not use on board will not be refunded or carried over on account so enjoy the spending[/quote

Yes. you are correct. It can,depending on what you do, go very quickly!

I just booked an Alaska O cruise this morning. 2-for-1 on the "brochure rate," and the extra $1000 credit was deducted from the total before I paid.

The ad says, "plus $1000 obc," but that is not listed anywhere on the invoice or confirmation emails or anything. Should I be worried, or is that normal?

This is our first ever cruise of any kind, so I want to be sure to have it figured out ahead of time. We were planning to use the obc for gratuities, internet, laundry, and wine with dinner. And maybe for an excursion booked on board ship.

Elizabeth

The ad says, "plus $1000 obc," but that is not listed anywhere on the invoice or confirmation emails or anything. Should I be worried, or is that normal?

Elizabeth

It will be noted on your final invoice & in the cruise planner you receive about a month before the cruise

It is an ONBOARD credit so you will have a card in your cabin when you arrive at least that is how it has worked for us in the past

Lyn

I am sure it will be a 'use it or lose it' credit. What you do not use on board will not be refunded or carried over on account so enjoy the spending[/quote

Yes. you are correct. It can,depending on what you do, go very quickly!

Thanks to all for your replies, very helpful, we have never been offered it before.

Archived