Hair Dryers

Are the hair dryers on the Navigator very powerful? Or should I bring a portable with me.

The hair dryers are powerful enough for me. But then I have short hair. I have a salon pro dryer at home and don't feel the need to bring it on cruises, what is provided is "good enough"

Martha

Are the hair dryers on the Navigator very powerful? Or should I bring a portable with me.

They're much better than the ones hotels have attached to the wall. I use a professional grade hairdryer at home and had no problem with the one on the Voyager (I'm assuming they're identical or at least similar). IMHO, I wouldn't waste the space in your suitcase. It will likely be better than any "portable" hairdryer you would bring.

• 2 weeks later...

Just embarked yesterday for my 1st Voyager cruise. I have to say that the blow dryers are NOT great! If you have short hair and/or straight hair you will not have a problem. But if you have curly hair like me or longer hair the blow dryers here wont cut it. They dont get very hot and dont put out enough power. Normally it takes me 10 minutes to dry and style my hair. Last night and today it took over 20 minutes and doest get the curl out because its not very powerful. I would say they give out the same power as the wall mounted ones.

Just embarked yesterday for my 1st Voyager cruise. I have to say that the blow dryers are NOT great! If you have short hair and/or straight hair you will not have a problem. But if you have curly hair like me or longer hair the blow dryers here wont cut it. They dont get very hot and dont put out enough power. Normally it takes me 10 minutes to dry and style my hair. Last night and today it took over 20 minutes and doest get the curl out because its not very powerful. I would say they give out the same power as the wall mounted ones.

Maryella, ask your stewardess to replace the one in the cabin. Explain the problem and I'm sure it will be resolved.

Don't know about Navigator but the one I had on Voyager recently was wimpy and not hot or strong enough. Unfortunately, they couldn't replace it with anything better.....but got by, things could be a lot worse.

Nice to hear they've updated the dryers on Navigator. Yes, the one I had on Voyager this winter was wimpy too. I coped, but who wants to spend extra time doing this? For me, not worth the aggravation of carrying my own, but for some, it's going to be worth it, for sure.

Archived