what kind of purse/bag do you use

Hi Ladies,

I have a question, when on the ship what kind of bag do you use? Last time I was having such a problem- I tried using a wrist-let, but it was to small, i had to hold my camera separately. Then I tried like a beach bag back pack and i was able to fit everything and even got my husband to carry it for a while :D, but if i was dressed up it didn't match my outfit:eek:

Thanks!!!

I just use a regular (but small!) purse! Nothing "cruise specific", but the sort of bag I'd carry to an outdoor concert, or someplace that you don't need a lot of "stuff"....enough room for comb, lipstick, tissues, perfume, etc.....little stuff!

You don't need a HUGE bag, but it's nice to have some "fix up" stuff with you....it's a LONG walk to the cabin all the time!

I think my last small purse came from Belk....not big enough for my huge wallet, but plenty big and lightweight for the aforementioned items!

I carry an evening bag for dinner, but have a messenger bag for excursions. I don't really carry anything around the ship during the day that won't fit into my pockets. If I go get my big camera, I'm walking around shooting so I don't need anything else to carry while doing that.

At night, I carry an evening bag. During the day - I carry a nylon tote bag or sling bag (I have a few to choose from - Ameribag healthy back bag, lesportsac tote, Timbuk2 tote...) During the day - I always have a water bottle and reading material with me, in addition to a camera, money etc. At night - just need a camera, lip balm, and room key:p

Guest maddycat

I use a Le Sportsac mini bag while on the ship. In port I use a larger Le Sportsac bag. I love them. They're light weight and washable. They last forever. I buy mine during the Le Sportsac twice yearly sales (fall and spring). I was able to buy the Shellie crossbody bag at Lord and Taylors last spring during the 25% off promotion and also use a Lord and Taylor 20% off coupon. Macy's also has a large selection of Le Sportsac.

7640 Shellie Crossbody

7507 Deluxe Everyday Bag

on the ship during the day i have a small little bag i carry or my Cruise Critic pack depending on what i want to carry around.

at night i have a dressy evening bag and a more casual type--depending on how i am dressed both in black

Usually just use my pockets. Clutch for dressy nights. I do take a beach bag for excursions and I may use it on occasion sitting pool side. My regular purse is messanger style where the strap can adjust to wear it regular shoulder as well.

I have a Hedgren brand mini camera bag in black that I can carry around the ship or in port with my camera, sea pass, driver's license , money and lipbalm. The strap is ajustable that I usually wear it cross-body, but the strap also un-clips on both sides and I've used it as a plain black clutch on formal nights too since my hand covers most of it.

Partner's pockets at night- his rucksack in the day:D. But for when he rebels, then I have a small leather bag that also is attached to a metal ring that fits over my wrist for at night & I have a Tripadviser tote bag for daytime

Fold-up packable tote for boat days in warm climates, tiny clutch for dinners to hold my car, lipstick and a comb and I have a travel backpack purse for home to boat, boat to home and excursions.

I use a small cross body bag for day use, I have both a Baggalini and a Kipling to choose from, whether on or off the ship. For evening I have 2 small purses, a black leather one for casual nights, a dressier one for formal nights. I only carry with me the bare necessities, lipstick, reading glasses,sunglasses, my camera is tiny, sometimes a very small water bottle and any paperwork I may need.

An FYI nothing gets packed empty into the suitcase, if I don't have costume jewelry in the bags, I have other things like socks, extra toiletries (in a ziploc), belts...whatever fits.

We used a very small camera case with a long cross body strap. It had a very small outside pocket that held our S&S cards and a main pocket that held our small camera. I used it at night for dinner's and switched to a formal clutch on formal nights.

Archived