Where to eat Pizza in Naples

antoniusp

What would qualify as "fake" pizza?

You'll find excellent pizza all over Naples. I wouldn't buy it from a tavalo caldo (the places with food diplays on the street - they take a slice and warm it up for you), but there are proper pizza restaurants on every block throughout the city. I had a good pizza last month at at place on Via Medina (near the intersection of Calata San Marco), which is about three short blocks from the cruise port. I don't remeber the name, but it's the only one at that location - they have both a small restaurant and a pizza place connected to one another.

For us, there is only one place for pizza in Napoli:

L' antica Pizzeria Da Michele

Via Cesare Sersale 1

It's a 20-30 minute walk from the ship, depending where your ship docks.

It's the proverbial birthplace of pizza. Don't miss it!

Lew

20110321-ckt9mg2f318fkn2iutxbuxpkku.jpg

20110321-ni85ucucxgbwcsihp1nd1uutw3.jpg

Lew, I've read so many good reviews about Da Michele. We really wanted to try it out on our day in Naples. There was a line a mile long of people waiting to place their order!!! My husband was too hungry to wait and I was too impatient so we ended up going somewhere else. Luckily, we had gone to the tourist bureau to get a map. We had asked the man at the desk what recommendations he had for us so we did have "back-up" pizza places to check out. He must have known about Da Michele's extreme popularity. :p

There was a line a mile long of people waiting to place their order!!

We arrived at about 11:15 and walked right in. There were just a few seats available at that time.

When we left at about noon, there was a short line. I would recommend getting there early if you want to avoid a long wait.

Service is fast and prices very reasonable. The two pizzas in the photo plus a 1 liter bottle of water cost €11,50.

Lew

I was just about to say the same thing. Get there early! But if you don't it is worth the wait! We had no line at 11:30 a.m. (Sat at the same table Julia Roberts is sitting at in "Eat Pray Love") A memory and taste I won't soon forget!!! That's what pizza was meant to be!

Archived