GODFREY TOUR question

bevo

We leave on the Mariner in 10 days. At the suggestion of many on this board, we have contacted Godfrey for their 6 hour tour. I have not heard from him yet. Is there a good chance he is full since we waited too late, or does he have lots of vehicles and drivers that probably can accommodate? If he is a one man operation, then I probably need to be planning something else...

Will he take you to any beach you want at the end?

Thanks.

Bev...we are leaving on Explorer on March 20th and will be in St. Thomas. We contacted Godfrey quite a few months ago and got confirmation about 2 days afterwards. He's picking us up at 10 ( you have a choice of 9, 10, or 11 am pickup time) and taking us to town to shop. He'll then pick us up at noon to do a 2 hour tour of the island. Then at 2:00 he will take you to one of 3 beaches. Your choices are Magen's Bay, Sapphire Beach, or Coki Beach. I believe we're going to Coki. I thought I read somewhere that his brother also helps out when business is booming. How long ago did you email him?

Robin

Could you please post how I can get in touch with Godfrey! I am not cruising until Dec this year, but I like to plan way ahead for my excursions. Also if you know of any other "outside" people who do their own trips in St Marteen I would greatly appreciate their e mail connections.

Phleboto...try this:

http://www.godfreytoursvi.com/

He was quite punctual in emailing us.

For St. Maarten, try this:

http://www.saint-martin-activities.com/index.htm?c104.htm&1

I'd recommend the Lord Sheffield. I had it booked way in advance, but the clerk forgot to put it on the calendar when they changed from 2004 to 2005. I was well compensated and will try again in 2006. Here's the Lord Sheffield site:

http://www.lordsheffield.com/

Robin

I too booked with Godfrey tours for our upcoming cruise in July. He answered me back within a few days, I then made the reservation with him and he got back to me with confirmation on that as well.

If you didn't hear back I'd email him again....

Enjoy your vacation!

phelboto45,

We are cruising in April to St. Thomas as well as St. Martin. We have "Godfrey" booked for his tour in April and we booked the "Lord Sheffield" which is a private tour excursion in St. Martin. There are many wonderful posts about this excursion also. Check out Captain Rob's website-www.lordsheffield.com:) Hope this helps. -Lisa

Could you please post how I can get in touch with Godfrey! I am not cruising until Dec this year, but I like to plan way ahead for my excursions. Also if you know of any other "outside" people who do their own trips in St Marteen I would greatly appreciate their e mail connections.

Yes he has a helper now, I am not sure if it was his brother tho. He also has a brand new vehicle for his tours, it is pink:D I have done his tour the last two years in a row and highly recomend him. The first year we went to Magens beach and last year went to Saphire beach. Let me know if anyone has any questions.:)

Carrie:p

CME,

With you having been to both Megans and Sapphire, which beach did you prefer? We are going to be on the Jewel next week and are booked with Godfrey but unsure as to which beach would be best. Thanks.

We did this tour in Dec. 2003 and it was great! Just a note though...when Godfrey first emailed me, he said he was booked up. I emailed him back asking if he could recommend someone who would do a similar tour and he arranged everything for us and emailed us with confirmations, etc...

Our tour guide was Timmy. Not sure if he is Godfrey's brother or not, but we were very pleased with this tour. We went to Coki beach that day and it was very nice...somewhat crowded, but very nice. Remembering back though, we were not able to choose, not sure why. I know we would have preferred Sapphire, but when we asked we were told we were going to Coki. So, be prepared for that. Well worth the price no matter what!

Have fun!

Hi there

I went to the Godfrey website and he offers a tour for $20, has many people been on the tour? If so what did you think? Do you have any pictures?

How do you make payment for the tour? is it via the website or do you pay when you go on the tour?

Thanks everyone!

Hi, we will be going to St. Thomas in April 2006 (I like to plan way in advance) on the VOS. Out of the three beaches that Godfrey offers, which one is the best? I would love a beach with white soft sand and crystal clear water. Any thoughts would be appreciated. Thanks.

We arranged for Godfrey when we were in St Thomas in December. He had 2 vans and we were on his 2nd one. There were I think 10 people in our van. The driver asked which beach we wanted to go to and we went to Sapphire. Everyone had to get off at the beach that the majority voted for. Sapphire is a nice beach. I have been to Megan's also but that is usually more crowded. Sapphire is very pretty and has a nice bar area and a restaurant. The island tour was great. We went to a high point of the island and had a drink at the bar there. Beautiful view to the sea. I don't think you will be disapointed if you are able to book Godfrey.

Katie

Hi there

How do you make payment for the tour? is it via the website or do you pay when you go on the tour?

Thanks everyone!

I have reservations with Godfrey for my upcoming cruise, so I don't have first hand information, but what I've read is that you pay at the end of the tour.

Linda

We did Godfrey last July, it was really awesome. He had two vehicle, with a women driving one, she said she helped out sometimes when he was busy. We rode with her, but Godfrey gives all the info at the stops. We went to Coki beach, the water was crystal clear, very good snorkling. Also I took my confirmation with me so that we could clear customs with the early excursions call (we were on Carnival). Also we added two people on at port. And yes it is $20 per person to be paid at the end.

Godfrey's tour is excellent. He will accomodate your special requests, within reason, as far as time, drop off points, etc.. It's well worth the money. We didn't spend any time at the beaches. They looked nice but were quite crowded. A fun experience!

What type of vehicle does Godfrey have? Is it cramped(say for larger folks)? Is the plenty of leg room? Is it open air or a/c? My husband get car sick pretty easily so he can't ride in a cramped up vehicle. Thanks for the help.

I booked Godfrey about 5 months out for our group... When I contacted him for final confirmation (about 4 weeks out) he changed the prices! I argued for about a week telling him to read our origional confirmation... I even sent it to him. He would not honor his origional booking so I cancelled and booked with Air Force 1. He then had the gull to contact me 1 week before our vacation confirming the new price... To make a long story short.. At the last minute he said that I was right... I told him it was too late... I had booked with another company.... Anyway... I loved Air Force 1... They even called me after our vacation to see if we enjoyed our trip... Now that is service.... Here is a link for anyone interested! http://airforce1fun.com/

I think I am losing my mind. Godfrey did use an open tram sort of vehicle. The van that I referred to was in Antigua with Lawrence of Antigua. The rest of my information was correct though. Sorry if I confused anyone.

Katie

2VA... I would definately contact him... I had copies of everything and even sent them to him! It seemed that he just wasn't taking the time to read them. I cannot speak to what he was thinking, but I can say I was very unhappy. He also tried to change the payment terms and wanted me to pay upfront after previously telling me (and putting in writing) that we pay at the end... . Good Luck!

Archived