Just off the Adventure of the Seas

Yes, we did My Time Dining. Absolutely loved it! As a matter of fact, this was the best experience we've had in the MDR of all the cruises we've been on. Food and service were both excellent!

So glad to hear that. We also have MTD and are really looking forward to it.

Was there anything special that made it your best experience ever?

How much did you pay to use their facilities? What did you get for your money?

We paid $10 per person for a lounge chair for each of us. That also gave you access to the pool and changing facilities. A bar/restaurant was right there on the beach as well. Obviously that wasn't included in the price, but we bought a couple of pizzas from them and were entertained by their iguana, Maria.

Also, did you make arrangements ahead of time, or did you just show up and ask for a day pass?

You just walk up and pay their guys working on the beach next to the bar/restaurant. A bus station is right there too so you can catch a quick bus back to the port when you are ready. No reservation is necessary with Amsterdam Manor.

So glad to hear that. We also have MTD and are really looking forward to it.

Was there anything special that made it your best experience ever?

Yes, two of the three nights we went to the MDR, we had Robertas and Ison for our wait staff. They were excellent! Also, lobster night was fantastic. As silly as this sounds, the caesar salad was great too! Prime rib was excellent too. Oh and one day at lunch we ate in the MDR and spotted dolphins out the window. That was pretty cool!

did the ship dock portside or starboard? I've got a starboard balcony right now but there is a portside I would take if the ship docks portside.

Thanks!!!!

We consistently docked portside until we got into St. Thomas. There we docked starboard side but it was still the port side that had the beautiful view of downtown and the mountaintop. We were very disapointed that we never had a view of the port we were docking in because our cabin was on the starboard side of the ship.

We will be on AOS for a B2B 11/27 & 12/4 - so we get the whole Southern Caribbean adventure. Our cabins are an aft on deck 10 (couldn't get the same cabin for both cruises - but moving is easy). Back in 2008 we cruised the AOS and the same itineraries - loved them so much that here we go again!!!

Our plans are to stay one day pre-cruise and then 2 days post cruise. The difference in airfare (because of the Thanksgiving holiday and not leaving on a Sunday) was enough to extend our stay. It will be so nice to miss the colder weather in Upstate New York!!!!!

We will be on AOS for a B2B 11/27 & 12/4 - so we get the whole Southern Caribbean adventure. Our cabins are an aft on deck 10 (couldn't get the same cabin for both cruises - but moving is easy). Back in 2008 we cruised the AOS and the same itineraries - loved them so much that here we go again!!!

Our plans are to stay one day pre-cruise and then 2 days post cruise. The difference in airfare (because of the Thanksgiving holiday and not leaving on a Sunday) was enough to extend our stay. It will be so nice to miss the colder weather in Upstate New York!!!!!

What a great time to go. She's a beautiful ship and that's a great itinerary!

Yes, two of the three nights we went to the MDR, we had Robertas and Ison for our wait staff. They were excellent! Also, lobster night was fantastic. As silly as this sounds, the caesar salad was great too! Prime rib was excellent too. Oh and one day at lunch we ate in the MDR and spotted dolphins out the window. That was pretty cool!

Believe it or not I love caesar salad and I found on previous cruises that the dressing was waaaay to heavy on the anchioves. How was it on AOS?

Did you do breakfast in the MDR? Was there Eggs Benedict....did you try it? If so how was it? I also love eggs benedict.:)

Believe it or not I love caesar salad and I found on previous cruises that the dressing was waaaay to heavy on the anchioves. How was it on AOS?

Did you do breakfast in the MDR? Was there Eggs Benedict....did you try it? If so how was it? I also love eggs benedict.:)

The dressing was excellent. I only had the caesar salad one night but the rest of my family had it EVERY night because it was so good. Picky eater teenagers and all! LOL

On breakfast in the MDR, sorry I don't remember if eggs benedict was an option. I only ate breakfast in the MDR on the chocolate morning. :)

The dressing was excellent. I only had the caesar salad one night but the rest of my family had it EVERY night because it was so good. Picky eater teenagers and all! LOL

On breakfast in the MDR, sorry I don't remember if eggs benedict was an option. I only ate breakfast in the MDR on the chocolate morning. :)

Sounds good.:)

What was the chocolate morning all about? Do you have any pics?

My hubby and I are going on the AOS this coming Sunday in Puerto Rico. Could you please tell me what time we can get onboard with our things so we can do a little walking around before the ship leaves port? Thank you for your help!

I Love the AOS! Have been on both Southern Caribbean Itineraries, and loved them both! Ceasar Salad is delicious - we enjoyed it every night! Plan to arrive in San Juan earlier than stated in your docs as you will be able to beat the crowds!

We have had the chocolate breakfast on several RCCL ships. It is usually on the next to last day - they had chocolate pancakes, donuts, croissants, french toast and milk shake.

Eggs benedict has been on the MDR breakfast many mornings as specials -one day they had a seafood eggs benedict and it was sooo goooood!!!

We have had the chocolate breakfast on several RCCL ships. It is usually on the next to last day - they had chocolate pancakes, donuts, croissants, french toast and milk shake.

Eggs benedict has been on the MDR breakfast many mornings as specials -one day they had a seafood eggs benedict and it was sooo goooood!!!

My wife will love the chocolate breakfast I am sure.

So I will be able to get eggs benedict most if not all mornings?

My hubby and I are going on the AOS this coming Sunday in Puerto Rico. Could you please tell me what time we can get onboard with our things so we can do a little walking around before the ship leaves port? Thank you for your help!

They should start boarding between 11:30am and 12:00pm as long as customs has completed clearing previous cruisers.

My wife will love the chocolate breakfast I am sure.

So I will be able to get eggs benedict most if not all mornings?

I didn't know you were an eggs benedict guy, Keith. ;):D Have to keep my eyes open for the chocolate breakfast. Maybe Pam and I will join you and Cheryl-Ann for breakfast that morning. LOOOOOVE chocolate! :D

Theresa

We just got off the Celebrity Millennium 10 day Southern. One great aspect was smoking was really a non issue.......Looking at the AOS for next March....What is the level of smoking on RCCL ships......Karen

Archived