Free Access to P&O Oasis Areas from April 1 2011

am1984

It all has become clear the Free Access to P&O Oasis Areas from April 1 2011 is true, But it will still be an adults only area and the day beds and tea and coffee and the spa pools are free, but every thing else will be gone, (eg Use of a towel, ,Complimentary bottle of water,Fruit skewers in the morning and biscuits in the afternoon,Magazines available for your reading)

Love Thied.

It all has become clear the Free Access to P&O Oasis Areas from April 1 2011 is true, But it will still be an adults only area and the day beds and tea and coffee and the spa pools are free, but every thing else will be gone, (eg Use of a towel, ,Complimentary bottle of water,Fruit skewers in the morning and biscuits in the afternoon,Magazines available for your reading)

Love Thied.

That's great. :D

Am I the only one disappointed with this move? :(

I loved being able to come and go on a sea day, knowing I wasn't being a chair hog, not having to cart all my stuff with me to go and eat or whatever, but knowing my comfy day bed with fluffy towel was still there on my return, watching the wake, chilling with a book and ipod. I didn't care I had to pay for this luxury.

On the Jewel cruise it was always full :confused: except on the rainy day ;)

Am I the only one disappointed with this move? :(

I loved being able to come and go on a sea day, knowing I wasn't being a chair hog, not having to cart all my stuff with me to go and eat or whatever, but knowing my comfy day bed with fluffy towel was still there on my return, watching the wake, chilling with a book and ipod. I didn't care I had to pay for this luxury.

On the Jewel cruise it was always full :confused: except on the rainy day ;)

o well thats must be progress:D

Am I the only one disappointed with this move?

I'd say satisfaction with this move has a strong correlation with whether you paid/used it before. Those who did see value before will be losing it, whereas those who didn't want to pay for it are now gaining.

I'd say satisfaction with this move has a strong correlation with whether you paid/used it before. Those who did see value before will be losing it, whereas those who didn't want to pay for it are now gaining.

From what I have seen of the take-up rate, there will be a vast majority who are now gaining. This could be the reason behind the new arrangement.:)

Has this been confirmed by anyone who's been on board?

We're currently on Pearl, and pleased to report that The Oasis is now free to use, but all other benefits remain, except maybe the free hot drinks. There is still a staff memeber in the Oasis during the day seeing off children (we witnessed this).

The Oasis isn't being used much on this cruise, due to the cold weather down here around the South Island.

We're currently on Pearl, and pleased to report that The Oasis is now free to use, but all other benefits remain, except maybe the free hot drinks. There is still a staff memeber in the Oasis during the day seeing off children (we witnessed this).

The Oasis isn't being used much on this cruise, due to the cold weather down here around the South Island.

do you still get Use of a towel, ,Complimentary bottle of water,Fruit skewers in the morning and biscuits in the afternoon,Magazines ?

us too.

I hope it is free although I still would not mind paying to keep a chair away from the noisy pool area.

well we will see you on the cruise tomorrow, and Im with you on that one.

Love Thied.

OK, The Oasis is now completely free to use, and you can still access;

· Use of a towel, daybeds and wicker lounges

· Complimentary bottle of water

· Unlimited hot non-alcoholic beverages

· Fruit skewers in the morning and biscuits in the afternoon

· Magazines available for your reading

A staff member is in attendance to meet provide these things, and to ensure that it remains adult only.

In the whole 10 days on the cruise on Pearl we didn't see one mention of The Oasis anywhere, not even in the Daily's. We were talking to one of the staff memebers on the last day of the cruise and there had been hard;y any people use it.

OK, The Oasis is now completely free to use, and you can still access;

· Use of a towel, daybeds and wicker lounges

· Complimentary bottle of water

· Unlimited hot non-alcoholic beverages

· Fruit skewers in the morning and biscuits in the afternoon

· Magazines available for your reading

A staff member is in attendance to meet provide these things, and to ensure that it remains adult only.

In the whole 10 days on the cruise on Pearl we didn't see one mention of The Oasis anywhere, not even in the Daily's. We were talking to one of the staff memebers on the last day of the cruise and there had been hard;y any people use it.

Shhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh don't tell anyone. It can be our secret :D

Sooooooooooooo feedback, how was it? Curious minds need to know, seeing as I'm getting on next weekend :D

Shhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh don't tell anyone. It can be our secret :D

Sooooooooooooo feedback, how was it? Curious minds need to know, seeing as I'm getting on next weekend :D

She was lovely.... They certainly did a better job on the conversion from Ocean Village than they did on the conversion of Pacific Jewel from Ocean Village 2. The only place they could probably have spent a bit more time and money on is the Cabins, which are still mostly in an "as is" conditon.

Operationally there's still a few issues with service in the Waterfront Restaurant, although I think it's not a restaurant wide thing, you just have to be lucky to strike the right staff, and on this cruise we didn't.

And I don't think we really saw the full potential of the ship on the crusie we did - there's a lot of outside open space that was totally under utilised on this cruise - the Oasis barely got used, the swim up bar never got filled and the open decks were closed more than they were open - but we did cross the Tasman twice, with a particularly rough crossing coming back, and the NZ weather wasn't really condusive to outside activities!

Archived