Gelato-Equinox

jackdiamond

I would be most appreciative if someone could advise whether, and where, gelato might be available on the Equinox.

Thank you.

The Café al Bacio on deck 5 starboard, near the main bank of elevators.

It's also a dessert choice in the Tuscan Grill restaurant.

I would be most appreciative if someone could advise whether, and where, gelato might be available on the Equinox.

Thank you.

There is a gelato stand right across from Cafe al Bacio; they have about eight different flavors to choose from as well as various toppings. There is a charge for gelato.

Hi - do you remember what the flavors were?

Thanks

Not sure if it varies ship to ship but there is usually chocolate, hazelnut,

coffee, pistachio....that is 4....I think there might be some in the fruit

category too but can't recall which ones. I just LOVE the hazelnut:D

I've never tried the Gelato on the S class ships. I'm sure it is delicious. As others have said there is a charge for it.

There is an ice cream bar just inside the buffet area that has long hours every day that has a nice assortment of excellent ice cream. There is no additional charge at the ice cream bar. They have both hard and soft ice cream and usually have some low fat and/or sugar free varieties on board. I believe all the regular ice cream is fresh made on board or used to be in any event. They have different type of cones, or bowls, as well as bowls, they have sundae toppings, candy and sprinkles. The flavors vary and it seems every time we pass by there is a different selection.

If you see a nice looking dessert in the nearby buffet that looks like it would go great with ice cream (pie, brownie, cake, etc) get a peice in a bowl and take it to the ice cream bar to be topped with your favorite ice cream.

Hi - do you remember what the flavors were?

Thanks

My husband's favorite on the Eclipse was the coconut. He usually got it with hazlenut. I loved the strawberry, and would pair it with vanilla. On our Feb sailing, this guy in line behind us changed his mind when he heard there was a $3 charge for the gelato. To me, it is well worth it. I didn't quite understand that one--c'mon, you're on vacation!

Archived