Roll away beds?????

rene194215

Ok so my friend and I booked a cruise and there is a possibility that one of her friends is going to join us. We were told we can add someone to the booking but that we would get a roll away bed for the other person. Has anyone actually slept on these? I want to know so that if they are uncomfortable we can change our cabin maybe. I mean I do not want to get stuck on the rollaway and since it is my friends 30th b-day I cant have her on it.... It would be between her friend and me.

Thanks!

Renee

We had one in our cabin last week on the Destiny. It wasn't too bad, oldest daughter and I traded back and forth. It wasn't hard, but kinda "sagged" in the middle. Not awful though.

My problem was finding a place for it during the day. Darn thing blocked SOMETHING no matter where you stuck it.

Peg

We'll have one in our cabin in June. Don't they remove it from the cabin in the day time?:confused:

Nope. I asked the room steward if they could, and he said no, there was no place to store it nearby. I guess they want to make sure it's there whenever we need it.

We had an aft (not wrap) balcony, it was difficult, because the logical place was to put it at the foot of the beds - but then it blocks the path to the balcony door. BUT: If you shove the beds all the way to the far window/door wall (you may have to pull them away from the "head" wall to do that, cause of a small bumpout in the corner) you may be able to just squeeze the folded cot between the couch and the nearest bed. We discovered that on the LAST DAY. Aaaaaarghh!

Not the worst situation in the world...but kinda inconvenient.

Peg

Thank for the input. Our problem will be that it is an insode room with not that much space and I think the only way for it to work is to push the 2 beds together against 1 wall to make room for he rollaway and then have like 3 beds in a row? I talked to my friend yesterday and I think she is goingt o try and change the room so that we have a trundle(I think thats what they are called?) that pulls down. I just do not think that the roll away would work....

Archived