Are Ocean Suites worth the extra???

lmtrn2001

We are thinking about booking an Ocean Suite for our October Cruise on Carnival Miracle...Are they worth the extra expense?? Is the balcony larger than regular balcony rooms?? Would we be better off booking an extended balcony. All input would be appreciated!!!:confused:

Thanks!!

We are thinking about booking an Ocean Suite for our October Cruise on Carnival Miracle...Are they worth the extra expense?? Is the balcony larger than regular balcony rooms?? Would we be better off booking an extended balcony. All input would be appreciated!!!:confused:

Thanks!!

Depends on the price. Ocean Suite, Grand Suite I love them. Balcony are larger on both.

You're going to get mixed answers here...

IMO it's worth it if you're able to do it. You get a lot more space in the cabin, a WONDERFUL vanity/closet area, LOTS of bathroom counter space with his and her sinks and a jetted bathtub. We dive and it'll be nice to have the bathtub to rinse our gear.

The balcony is longer then a regular balcony and three chairs and a table fit out there, however I believe it's just as wide. I thought there was plenty of room for us though. Especcially for a longer cruise I feel less cramped in a suite. It's more spread out, which actually made me not mind spending some afternoon down time in my cabin.

The VIP embarkation and debarkation is nice as well...

I'll be able to let you know in a few weeks! We haven't cruised in years and never with our daughters, so when planning our 25th anniversary trip I ignored the practical side of me by booking 2 side-by-side cabins: an ocean suite for us and a balcony for the them. Not being a fan of crowds, but unable to pull the girls from school, I'm stuck traveling over spring break. The extra room and balcony space will be our retreat. We'll be on the Dream and all the posts about crowds has me a bit anxious so I'm glad we made this decision, though I have to block out the $$ part!

I didn't find it worth the money. You get a little extra storage space but the extra space really is just the little area between the room and the bathroom. The tub would be nice if I used one I suppose but I prefer to shower. I would upgrade for the same price if they were available but would not pay extra for it. The balcony space is a non issue for us. How much room do two people need on a balcony? The grande suites are a different story. Lot's of extra room. We have had this twice but unless we get a really good deal, we just book the regular balcony.

I had an Ocean Suite during my recent cruise on the Pride (Miracle's sister ship). I was originally booked in a balcony guaranteed, but then Carnival called me with an upsell to an Ocean Suite for $500 and I accepted the offer. At $500 more for 7 days for 4 people I think it is a good deal as I get more space, a balcony twice as large, a dedicated dressing area that doubles as a work space (so I can work on my cases without disturbing the family), more upscale lighting and decor, VIP embarkation and debarkation, a tub and two sinks. Not sure if I would have paid full price though as that is more than a thousand over the price of a balcony cabin.

The balcony is 1.5 times deeper and 1.5 times wider. So the total size of the balcony is actually 2.25 times that of a standard balcony.

I like inside just fine. I use it to sleep & to shower & not much else. (2 adults + 1 toddler) The way I see it, I get the same service (or at least service that I am 100% satisfied with), eat the same food, see the same entertainment, & go to the same ports of call as my neighbors across the hall.

Now if you need a lot of privacy &/or plan to spend a lot of time in your room then your milage may vary...

For me, I am pretty close to "never" on this one. Maybe a balcony in Hawaii, but right now that is the only destination for me that would warrant it.

Archived