La Paz Suggestions

J&KCruisers

Loved, loved La Paz when we stopped there on our HAL cruise a few years ago. Gorgeous beaches and lots of great restaurants. We are headed to Cabo in a few weeks and are doing an overnight in La Paz with a friend who lives in Cabo. Can't wait to spend more time there :)

Ships donot dock in La Paz but in Pichilingue, which is about a 30 minutes rides. On the way going there you will see some nice beaches.

Often shuttles are offered to get there.

La Paz itself is a small city at the sea, it looked nice.

We did a daytour to Todos Santos and didnot stop in La Paz.

Loved, loved La Paz when we stopped there on our HAL cruise a few years ago. Gorgeous beaches and lots of great restaurants. We are headed to Cabo in a few weeks and are doing an overnight in La Paz with a friend who lives in Cabo. Can't wait to spend more time there :)

Our stop here on Crystal was cut to only a half day. We have a lagoon kayak trip planned but don't know if we will also see the town. What are your restaurant recommendations? Thanks.

I would trade Mazatlan for La Paz any day.

La Paz's beach is beautiful with white sand and blue turquoise water.

The previous post is correct, it is a 30 minutes bus ride to the beach or to downtown La Paz. From our previous cruise, the cruise line provide the transportation free to the beach or downtown to and from the port.

I don't know how long your ship will dock in La Paz...if you have time, and like to snorkel, La Paz is the place to be compare to the other two ports..PV and Mazatlan.

I would trade Mazatlan for La Paz any day.

We loved the beautifully restored Centro Historico of Mazatlan and are very sorry this was taken off the itinerary, because we wanted to go back. We had the best meal at Te Amo Lucy in this old part of Mazatlan and are disappointed we will not be returning. It was worth journey type meal.

So it is nice to learn La Paz can be a good alternative. Thanks.

I did the bay kayak trip in the morning. I thought it was great!! I had planned to go into town when we returned but I was too tired. The free buses back from town stopped at 2:30PM even though the ship did not leave until 5PM. IF you stayed after 2:30you'd have to take a taxi. My husband went into town while I was kayaking and he really liked it!

We were in La Paz last February. Took the shuttle bus into town and walked up and down the malecon. Absolutely NO ONE tried to sell me anything, but I bet those days are coming to an end.

You can get a 2 hr tour for about $25 per person. When you get to the bus terminal walk out the front and there were several vans lined up. We just walked around but this November we'll do the city tour.

They set up a flea market at the dock, all the same stuff to buy as everywhere else. They do have great tacos and ice cold pacificos a'plenty.

I'd rather go to Mazatlan, but preferred La Paz over Cabo.

Archived