Jogging Track on the Freedom

I heard it was 2.4 laps to a mile.

I'm thinking it was more like 4 laps. (5 laps on Navigator) 2.4 would be laps to a mile would be almost a 1/2 mile around and even allure/oasis isn't that big.

The bad part of the jogging track is that its worthless after about 8:45-9am because the people start filling up the deck chairs and moving them around and the crowds of people searching for deck chairs make running nearly impossible. This is one area that Carnival does so much better, no @#$4 deck chairs on the running track. (At least a few I have admired from next door while in port. I'm looking forward to Allure's track with almost no deck chairs to worry about, but no open sky either. (But i'll be able to run in the wind and rain easier.) Have to keep in shape, have a half marathon planned a week after we get back.

Off Topic, but I always wondered what way you should jog/run/walk - I believe it should be counter clockwise but not everyone agrees with me:D

Does anyone know the correct way (If there is one)

there are arrows I think but I run on a track counter clockwise. I think the jogging track was about 1/8 of a mile.

I'm thinking it was more like 4 laps. (5 laps on Navigator) 2.4 would be laps to a mile would be almost a 1/2 mile around and even allure/oasis isn't that big.

The bad part of the jogging track is that its worthless after about 8:45-9am because the people start filling up the deck chairs and moving them around and the crowds of people searching for deck chairs make running nearly impossible. This is one area that Carnival does so much better, no @#$4 deck chairs on the running track. (At least a few I have admired from next door while in port. I'm looking forward to Allure's track with almost no deck chairs to worry about, but no open sky either. (But i'll be able to run in the wind and rain easier.) Have to keep in shape, have a half marathon planned a week after we get back.

The oasis/allure 1 mile=is 2.4 laps around.

I love the running deck on the Oasis/Allure.

Off Topic, but I always wondered what way you should jog/run/walk - I believe it should be counter clockwise but not everyone agrees with me:D

At least in the USA, and from what I remember of the Olympics, people run counter clockwise on running tracks. On a track that size, this should be ok. I run on a few indoor tracks during the winter and we alternate directions to give our knees and ankles a break as short tracks are harder on them.

The oasis/allure 1 mile=is 2.4 laps around.

I love the running deck on the Oasis/Allure.

I do remember that now, I remember thinking it didn't seem right when I first heard it, but I pulled up some specs on the ship and made estimates and that worked out to be just about right. Any problem with crowds, or people standing around? I hope to do 4 or 5 miles at around 9 minutes per mile daily.

It really depends on your location, here in NY we run counter clockwise. I have friends in the southeast who run clockwise. When on board 99% will run counter clockwise and that one person who does not will catch on real fast.:)

I do remember that now, I remember thinking it didn't seem right when I first heard it, but I pulled up some specs on the ship and made estimates and that worked out to be just about right. Any problem with crowds, or people standing around? I hope to do 4 or 5 miles at around 9 minutes per mile daily.

Best time to run is between 6-8am, mostly other runners at this time who need their daily fix.:)

I guess it depends on what time of day you use the track. I usually used the track in the early afternoon for a quick second workout. It's almost like you have the deck to yourself give or take less than 10 other people. And many of those people were maintenance workers cleaning or testing something.

I liked not having the open air space above my head. I didn't get so hot running around. The track felt fairly open more than I thought it would.

3 laps = 1 km (written on outside lane to be used for running)

4.5 laps = 1 mile (written on inside lane to be used for walking)

You will want to get your run in before the sun worshippers arrive. It did get congested with a full boat of passengers(02/20-27/11).

I ran counterclockwise. Seemed to be the right direction. :)

Archived