Waitlisted for WS-should we make a confirmed booking?

New York Nana

This is new to us. This will be only our 2nd cruise (won't have the 1st until this June to Alaska).

I jumped on a Carribean Princess 4 day cruise in Oct 2012 to book a WS, but it is waitlisted.

I called Princess and they said we were #1 on the waitlist and they recommended we book a 'confirmed' room and still remain waitlisted for the WS.

I'm considering confirming an interior (incredibly the SAME price as the WS!!!). I'm concerned however, that if I DO make a confirmed room, AND a WS becomes available, Princess will 'jump' over us on the list because they already have us in a confirmed booked room. :confused:

Does anyone have any experience with this? Should we just keep it as it is (there are only about 5 or 6 of these WS available)?

If we do make a confirmed booking and a WS is offered to us, will it remain at the price that I made the deposit on or do they raise the price? The same category 24 hours later went up $1,000 pp!!

Many of the CC'rs helped me tremendously with our Alaskan cruise - anyone out there to give me some advice on this situation?

That cruise is 19 months away! Lots of things will happen between now and final payment, and even more after that. Did you ask what price they would charge if one came available? the price at the time you waitlisted, or the price at the time it is available? If you are sure you want to go on this cruise, book whatever you are comfortable with, and stay on the waitlist. check availability every day or two...I know, that's a lot of checking! Prices may vary widely between now and then. If you see one come available call immediately to remind them that you are on the waitlist! EM

Thanks! I needed to take a deep breath. I called Princess and discovered that, in fact, if the WS becomes available, we will have to pay the difference in the price. So, we confirmed the room we wanted, where we wanted and we'll just wait and see what happens. Thank you for your advice!

Archived