Best braids?

Boatingmom

Which Western Caribbean port has the nicest style of hair braids? I know its a matter of opinion, I'm just looking for those opinions. My daughter is considering half head criss cross. Anybody see anything like this? Point me in the right direction.;)

I don't know the "where", but beware of the cost. Some braiders charge a per braid rate and then proceed to put in a lot of tiny braids. The bill can get huge! Just make sure to communicate exactly what you want and what you're willing to pay.

If you are going to Ocho Rios, there is a little "tiki hut" at the bottom of Dunn's River falls that does a really nice job. Be sure to negotiate the price though. My daughter has long hair and loves to get it braided when we cruise. The woman here did the best job I have seen. She started out saying $75.00 but I ended up paying $50. I got her down to $45.00 but then gave her a $5.00 tip. Have fun!:)

Agree with LHP - watch out for head lice. I worked in a school and more than once the girls came back from a great spring vacation with braids and --- yup!! head lice from there!!!!

you want to stay away from the skinny braids.

The braids can be a bit## to take out too.

But head-suncreen or she will get a bad burn from the sun.

Saw many braiders in Nassua- some of the ladies had photo albums

The spa at Sunset Beach in Jamaica does awesome braids. A little more expensive but clean and beautiful!

Agreed! DD had hers done there & they did a great job.

Also had them done at El Cid resort Coz. (Use to be a Carnival AI excursion) Do bring your own comb so you don't have to worry about lice. Make sure she uses tons of sunscreen on her scalp after having them done.

Think both times were between $30-40.

Archived