Half Moon Cay

luvdale

You will have a wonderful time on HMC whether you get a cabana or not. We were there a year ago, brought our own half tent but as we explored we found hammocks down the beach a ways. It was glorious! We are from Seattle so want to be under a blue sky as long as possible but we did get a great rest with a wonderful view under the trees in the hammocks.

The Island is beautiful - I think it beats the pink beaches of Bermuda and that was stunning! The water is so clear - you can see forever when you snorkel. We just used a mask,no snorkel or fins. Bring a disposable underwater camera (don't forget to attach the wrist band) - you will want pictures even if it's just of you frolicking in the water and not snorkeling. The pix will get you through the dreary days of fall and winter!

We are renting a cabana this time, this is the island we want to spend extra for an 'excursion'. We will snorkel, nap, drink, sunbathe, bring our buffet lunch back to the cabana, nap, sunbathe........ relax......

There are the clamshells to rent also so you can get out of the sun - or if there is a 5 minute rain shower as happens in the Caribbean, you can have a place to keep you bags and towels dry til it passes over.

Generally those that rent the cabanas get first tenders. You just have to be patient and know that even if there is a line, there is plenty of beach and beauty for everyone. Smile and be happy and don't forget your sunblock!

What is the best boat that goes there? I prefer cruises of 5 or less days.

The tenders that pick you up from your ship... as far as the best ship, I favor Fascination, but that's because it departs from the port closest to my home.

Sorry in advance if this is a silly question, but is there a reason why the cabanas are for 4 people, if we have more people than that would it be a problem? Could we just share the sodas and bring our own snorkle equipment.

Sorry in advance if this is a silly question, but is there a reason why the cabanas are for 4 people, if we have more people than that would it be a problem? Could we just share the sodas and bring our own snorkle equipment.

We rented one and there is 8 of us....

If I remember correctly, I think they have a charge for over 4 people as well. If so, I don't know what it is but you may be able to find out on the Carnival website.

That was how it worked for another line and Carnival is likely the same since Carnival owns the other line too.

If I remember correctly, I think they have a charge for over 4 people as well. If so, I don't know what it is but you may be able to find out on the Carnival website.

That was how it worked for another line and Carnival is likely the same since Carnival owns the other line too.

I think its $45.00 extra per person. We've got a group going also, but we know that there is only enough stuff for 4. Most of us will be on the beach, but for the little ones they may want out of the sun. That is why we rented one.

You can tell Carnival there are more than 4 people and pay more for them, and get extra sodas and food. Or you can just tell them there are 4 and share the food and drinks for 4. However, you will only get 4 early tender tickets (if they are doing that).

We have had a cabana each HMC visit. It;s very nice to have a place to call "home" you can get your "stuff" all out of the sun/sand/water. You can get shade if you want it. We have been in late Jan early Feb so it was plenty warm but no need for the AC or misters. The shower is a joke or at least at the 2 cabanas we had.

I think there are 8 sodas, bag of chips, some salsa and guac, plate of veggies and dip, plate of fruit. All very tastey. Then Snorkel and mats for 4. We just took turns using them when we had others join us. Or you can go down and rent extras. Or pay the extra to have them included.

They really don't care how many you have in the cabana the extra cost per person over 4 goes to more soda and gear. I don't think we got more food the time we did pay for the extras. Then we lived and learned!!!

We have had a cabana each HMC visit. It;s very nice to have a place to call "home" you can get your "stuff" all out of the sun/sand/water. You can get shade if you want it. We have been in late Jan early Feb so it was plenty warm but no need for the AC or misters. The shower is a joke or at least at the 2 cabanas we had.

I think there are 8 sodas, bag of chips, some salsa and guac, plate of veggies and dip, plate of fruit. All very tastey. Then Snorkel and mats for 4. We just took turns using them when we had others join us. Or you can go down and rent extras. Or pay the extra to have them included.

They really don't care how many you have in the cabana the extra cost per person over 4 goes to more soda and gear. I don't think we got more food the time we did pay for the extras. Then we lived and learned!!!

The more and more people start stating this the more Carnival will probably buckle down and give everyone bracelets or something to prove you have paid for the cabana:eek:

Archived