Half Moon Cay

luvdale

I haven't been on Carnival cruises that much. I have been on a alot of cruises but not that many on Carnival, so please excuse all the questions from me. Do you ride a tender to the island or does the ship dock there?? Thank you all for your time to answer so many questions for me !!

Guest LoveMyBoxer
I haven't been on Carnival cruises that much. I have been on a alot of cruises but not that many on Carnival, so please excuse all the questions from me. Do you ride a tender to the island or does the ship dock there?? Thank you all for your time to answer so many questions for me !!

Yes, it is a tender port. The tenders hold a lot of people.

We love this stop, it is a tender port. No problem there. The cabans are wonderful and we think well worth the money (they are a little high, $240.00 for 4 people) enjoy

If you are sailing on Carnival the cost for a cabana is 199.00 not 240.00, just thought someone might want the correct pricing, we have a cabana waiting for us May 15, and excited!!! Add Platinum for the first time, even more excited!

Changed the process of booking cabanas, now you can book on line, BUT you will need to go to guest services when you get on your ship to tell them sizes of snorkles and what soft drinks you want.

Just booked our cabana today and is was $199. and that is for next Feb 2012!!! Booking just opened!!

Just booked our cabana today and is was $199. and that is for next Feb 2012!!! Booking just opened!!

Guess I need to make sure to look at the excrusions EVERY day. I want a cabana for our cruise in April of 2012 and from what I understand, once the booking opens for the cabanas, they sell out FAST!:eek:

Guess I need to make sure to look at the excrusions EVERY day. I want a cabana for our cruise in April of 2012 and from what I understand, once the booking opens for the cabanas, they sell out FAST!:eek:

I would check every so often, when I 1st started looking it had the date april 4 after the cabana so I thought maybe thats when they would open the booking, I had looked yesterday and it was still, add to favorites, my window was still open today and you know when you have a feeling you should check something, well I did and it was available to book!! LOL so glad we got one!! I guess there are 2 ships in HMC when we go in Feb, so I'm sure HAL has opened booking too!

Love this port! Love the cabanas....

Tell me more about these cabanas. I have seen a few pictures, you tube videos etc. It shows a little shack that is smaller than a shed, some fruit, bottled water, pop, 2 lounge chairs and a fan.

Now why rent these again??

Tell me more about these cabanas. I have seen a few pictures, you tube videos etc. It shows a little shack that is smaller than a shed, some fruit, bottled water, pop, 2 lounge chairs and a fan.

LOL we rented cause we have a toddler with us and he will need to get in out of the sun and maybe take a nap.

1) Nice to have to lush, padded lounger with misting fans for those ridiculously hot days at HMC from May-October.

2) Nice to have a fresh water shower head to rinse off after swimming.

3) Nice to have a place to plug in my I-Pod boombox so I can have my beach tunes going all day.

4) Nice to have a place to put our bottles of liquor to mix with the sodas they leave in a cooler for us.

5) Nice to have some shade and an air conditioner to help cool the open area by the table.

6) Nice to get floats, towels, snorkel equipment all supplied at the cabana for us.

For my Wife and I, it is well worth the $199 for a cabana on each trip to HMC. (whether it is split 2 ways or 4 ways)

Bill

1) Nice to have to lush, padded lounger with misting fans for those ridiculously hot days at HMC from May-October.

2) Nice to have a fresh water shower head to rinse off after swimming.

3) Nice to have a place to plug in my I-Pod boombox so I can have my beach tunes going all day.

4) Nice to have a place to put our bottles of liquor to mix with the sodas they leave in a cooler for us.

5) Nice to have some shade and an air conditioner to help cool the open area by the table.

6) Nice to get floats, towels, snorkel equipment all supplied at the cabana for us.

For my Wife and I, it is well worth the $199 for a cabana on each trip to HMC. (whether it is split 2 ways or 4 ways)

Bill

I have to agree with all the above. Our group 12 actually rented two cabanas. We split the costs. It was perfect for my mother in law who needed to stay out of the heat. And there was never a time we were in the cabana at the same time. They provided water, soda, veggie tray and I believe there were chips and salsa. :cool:

I've been to Half Moon Cay (pronounced "key") twice on HAL. I've also been to other private islands on other cruiselines... and HMC is the nicest I've ever seen! The sand is white and lush... and it stays cool, even when the sun is beating down on it. Plenty of loungers, plenty of shade. Just a beautiful, beautiful place!

Archived