If Carnival and Royal Caribbean were the same price what line would you pick?

Royal. I like being active, even when on vacation. I was really bored on both of my Elation cruises. I'm hoping Paradise will offer a little more, but nothing compares to RCCI's offerings.

What Paradise cruise are you on? We did not care for Royal - ours was 16 days and the food was marginal as well as the entertainment and activities. The excuses we heard - if you were Amercian - The Australians don't like/don't provide such things and if you were Australian - The Americans...... you get the picture.... Carnival wins hands down for us. Not sure you would EVER get us on another Royal cruise.

I think it is interesting that most of us-- on a Carnival board, as well-- would rather go with RCCL. I agree with the consensus. I'd rather go with RCCL and yes, I'm platinum and do think that Carnival offers a fine product. So I have nothing against Carnival.

I think RCCL offers a better product overall. Their ships are generally nicer, I've found their staff more helpful and it just feels slightly more upper crust.

I know we're comparing the two low end providers. Still, I'd give it to RCCL easily.

interstingly enough I prefer Carnival but for when we can cruise RCCL beats Carnival on price so we go with RCCL. Having said that they are soo much more alike than different i find it funny that people would say RCCl is better.

for me its ports and timing, if I could get the ports I wanted it wouldnt matter to me what line I was on, I don't care about most of the extras on RCCL and that is why I prefer Carnival, I just want to be close to the ocean, I dont need to spend hours walking through a mall on the sea.

I think it is interesting that most of us-- on a Carnival board, as well-- would rather go with RCCL. I agree with the consensus. I'd rather go with RCCL and yes, I'm platinum and do think that Carnival offers a fine product. So I have nothing against Carnival.

I think RCCL offers a better product overall. Their ships are generally nicer, I've found their staff more helpful and it just feels slightly more upper crust.

I know we're comparing the two low end providers. Still, I'd give it to RCCL easily.

We're basically comparing a 4 star resort to a 3 star resort here. Obviously, when given the choice and if the cost were the same, most people would pick the 4 star. But some people might still pick the 3 star because they've been there before and they really liked that experience.

What Paradise cruise are you on? We did not care for Royal - ours was 16 days and the food was marginal as well as the entertainment and activities. The excuses we heard - if you were Amercian - The Australians don't like/don't provide such things and if you were Australian - The Americans...... you get the picture.... Carnival wins hands down for us. Not sure you would EVER get us on another Royal cruise.

We leave April 1st.

Honestly, I don't think I'd like a 16 day cruise, no matter what ship it was on! That's just too long to but cut off like that and stuck in one place eating the same stuff over and over. I was worried the 7 day Splendor may be too long. But I'm also the type who'd rather take 4-5 day vacations 3-4 times a year rather than one two week vacation.

We leave April 1st.

Honestly, I don't think I'd like a 16 day cruise, no matter what ship it was on! That's just too long to but cut off like that and stuck in one place eating the same stuff over and over. I was worried the 7 day Splendor may be too long. But I'm also the type who'd rather take 4-5 day vacations 3-4 times a year rather than one two week vacation.

Have a great cruise. Sxx days at sea with marginal activities and the like was a bit much.

RCCL. For us rcl is generally cheaper anyway. 3 day getaway to Bahamas is almost always cheaper on RCL. In Dec 7 days on Oasis was going for 399.. a Lot less than Carnival.

WHAT!?! Do you mean in December they were selling for that price or you could sail in December for that price? Because $399 for any cabin on the Oasis around Christmas time sounds like a steal! Or was it selling at those prices for sail dates in the summer or something?

right now, I would have to say RCCL...I was spoiled on the Freedom OTS...and the next cruise was Sensation....I will be doing the Legend in 78 DAYS!!!!WOOHOOO!!!!!!!!! So it might be a toss up.....and to me, the desserts were better on Royal, but the entrees were better on Carnival...I like the activities on Royal... but again, I can only compare the two...apples to watermelons. but hey, a cruise is a cruise! :D

I would take Freedom of the Seas over any others at this point if all things are equal, I really like her. That might change after I go on Allure in October though.

I would love to go on the Allure. We had a 7-day cruise booked on the Allure and I cancelled it because I could do a 9-day cruise on the Carnival Magic in the Mediterranean much cheaper. The price difference even helps defray much of the extra cost for airfare to Barcelona.

WHAT!?! Do you mean in December they were selling for that price or you could sail in December for that price? Because $399 for any cabin on the Oasis around Christmas time sounds like a steal! Or was it selling at those prices for sail dates in the summer or something?

I want what they are drinking.....:cool:

Archived