When does Slam Allen go on vacation?

RNPJN

We're looking to book another cruise on the Epic & we want to make sure that Slam Allen is going to be aboard. (Yes, we do think that he's that good!) Does anyone know when he takes his break?

We're looking to book another cruise on the Epic & we want to make sure that Slam Allen is going to be aboard. (Yes, we do think that he's that good!) Does anyone know when he takes his break?

I believe that he came back onboard a couple/few weeks prior to our 2/26/11 sailing. I don't know his timetable either. If he is going to be a recurring fixture on the Epic, perhaps we'll luck out and he'll be onboard again (after some type of summer break) in late November ... though my guess is that he'll take off from roughly Thanksgiving until after Christmas - assuming he has that kind of bargaining power/leverage (or that his agent does)!

Tom

I believe that he came back onboard a couple/few weeks prior to our 2/26/11 sailing. I don't know his timetable either. If he is going to be a recurring fixture on the Epic, perhaps we'll luck out and he'll be onboard again (after some type of summer break) in late November ... though my guess is that he'll take off from roughly Thanksgiving until after Christmas - assuming he has that kind of bargaining power/leverage (or that his agent does)!

Tom

I'm hoping it is the exact opposite - that they want him onboard during that Christmas timing and make it worth his while to entertain me, ummm us;).

I'm hoping it is the exact opposite - that they want him onboard during that Christmas timing and make it worth his while to entertain me, ummm us;).

His last contract ended in September. He then returned in Jan/Feb.

I will beam an email off to a friend of his - and see if there is anything known yet (though the last time, they were not sure that he was returning after his last gig). I hope he enjoys spending time at sea!!!

Tom

I will beam an email off to a friend of his - and see if there is anything known yet (though the last time, they were not sure that he was returning after his last gig). I hope he enjoys spending time at sea!!!

Tom

Cool! Let me know what you hear back, if anything. I would love to see him and I'm really hoping that he'll be onboard in December.

We so enjoyed Slam & his band last summer that we booked again in Jan. Over 2 wks, only missed Fat Cats when Slam had the night off! The jam sessions with the other professional musicians from all over the ship dropping in after finishing their own work were so incredible - Blue Men, Legends featured performers & some of the backups, a few from Second City, the bass guy from the Caribbean band, even the Manhattan Band leader! You never know who's going to drop by and who Slam is going to invite up.

Plus he's so generous to allow guests (gotta be talented!!) to get up and jam. We've had singers, bass players, drummers - you just never know. Even kids (first set only) have a chance to play with Slam!!

On top of being incredible performers, Slam & his band are just great guys. He winds his way through the audience and really puts on a show within a show.

Just can't say enough great things about Slam. Besides blues he performs other songs like "My Girl" and other oldies. Not to mention the dance sets that get everyone "Dancin' in the Streets.":D:D:D

Those on through mid-yr are in for a treat. After that, who knows?

http://www.ncl.com/nclweb/pressroom/pressRelease.html?storyCode=PR_011011

I have just fired off an email to the NCL EPIC's Q&A - hope they answer it. Will let you know.

My question in the email is what dates will Slam Allen be OFF the ship during 2011-2012.

We loved him on our last cruise and are hoping very much to see him again in October.

By the way, I got his CD off Amazon- it's incredible!

Barb

I picked it up there as well a couple of weeks before our 2/26 cruise - something like $23.

On the ship he'll sell you one and sign it for $15...

Tom

We bought one last Aug. He ran out of them in Feb. on the ship so many people wanted to buy one!:eek::D

Also fun to go to his website and just listen to Slam sing on their sample. After we came back we made margaritas, put the music through the speakers & pretended we were back in the Caribbean at Fat Cats.;)

Slam does 3 sets, each different. We were really surprised, after going to at least 2 and sometimes all 3 sets every night, how little repetition there was.

I picked it up there as well a couple of weeks before our 2/26 cruise - something like $23.

On the ship he'll sell you one and sign it for $15...

Tom

On Amazon there is a button that says "3 new from 12.00" and that is a link to Slam's own site. They ship very fast and as you might expect if you've seen him perform, they are very friendly.

I don't like most cruise ship entertainment and I was absolutely riveted by his performance. He would be a real draw back to The Epic for us.

We loved Slam Allen when we saw him on the Epic in August 2010. We went almost every night and most times both shows.

Haha, he did sell his cd then signed for $15 . If you didn't want a cd and just want an autograph, $20. lol

We had a great time drinking our special of the day martinis and relaxing on the leather sofas listening to Slam.

When we came home, I would play his cd through the outdoor speakers and lay by the pool dreaming I was still on the Epic. What fun!

Just peeked in to see who Slam Allen is. Sounds like a great entertainer.

We have several crew/staff/entertainer friends that we follow on Facebook. We can often find out when they are on break or if they have changed ships.

So, FYI, Here's the link for Slam.

Charlie

Thank you for the link!! That was a nice surprise! Slam is so incredibly talented, I knew he had to have a following.

And we bought the CD from Slam too and now its in my car. DH is just going to have to get his own copy. The only problem is I start daydreaming I'm back at Fat Cats. Not a great idea when I'm in traffic:)

Tom

I just received this reply - not greatly (details-wise) informative, but in a general sense... good news!!!

"He is loving life on the Epic so I would expect to see him on your next cruise!

Glad you loved it"

Tom

• 6 months later...

Tom

If you're on Facebook, find the Slam Allen Band and ask him if he will be onboard the dates you are sailing. I will be on the Epic Dec 24-31, 2011 and asked him specifically if he would be there that week. He replied and said yes. I've never seen Slam before but I have done my homework for this cruise and folks have uniformly said he's the real deal. Can't freakin' wait.

If you're on Facebook, find the Slam Allen Band and ask him if he will be onboard the dates you are sailing. I will be on the Epic Dec 24-31, 2011 and asked him specifically if he would be there that week. He replied and said yes. I've never seen Slam before but I have done my homework for this cruise and folks have uniformly said he's the real deal. Can't freakin' wait.

A natural talent to be sure!

Thanks,

Tom

Archived