Port Canaveral Question

ilionite65

The cheapest and most flexible way is to rent a car. We rented from Budget and drove to the hotel "Resort by the Port". Then the next morning, returned the car a couple of blocks over. Budget has free shuttle to the ship.

Hope This Helps.

The cheapest and most flexible way is to rent a car. We rented from Budget and drove to the hotel "Resort by the Port". Then the next morning, returned the car a couple of blocks over. Budget has free shuttle to the ship.

Hope This Helps.

As does Avis & Hertz

Can anybody tell me if Royal Caribbean has transfers from Orlando airport to port Canaveral?

We're also doing a cruise out of Port Canaveral. RCCL is $ 72. per person round trip.

Since we're using Choice Air, we decided to go with RC.

We will be flying into Orlando the day of the cruise.

Hope this helps :p

We always do the rental car thing, but if it's only two of you, you can look into private transfers. There are lots of recommendations on the Florida departures board, and they are less than half the price of RCI transfers, plus you don't have to wait for the bus to be full.

You can get the discount codes by googling "Budget (or Avis) discount coupon code". We often use the coupon code from Costco, even though we aren't members. We've never been asked at the rental agency desk for our Costco card...I would have played dumb and said that we didn't bring it on vacation with us.

You can get the discount codes by googling "Budget (or Avis) discount coupon code". We often use the coupon code from Costco, even though we aren't members. We've never been asked at the rental agency desk for our Costco card...I would have played dumb and said that we didn't bring it on vacation with us.

FWIW, I am a Costco member and recently booked a rental with a Costco code. When I went to pick up the car, I couldn't find my card. Hubby was with me and had his. The person at the rental counter was refusing to accept this and wanted to charge me the full going rate, because it was booked in my name, not his (though we have a family membership and each have cards). I had to appeal to a supervisor to get it resolved, and it was done grudgingly. I would not recommend doing this unless you are a Costco member, some rental counters actually will check for the card.

We just made our transportation arrangements for our cruise. Avis - arriving day ahead and going to the port - rental about $60 with taxes, etc. Using Travelynx shuttle going from Port Canaveral to the airport - $25/pp.

Travelynx is prompt and trustworthy. I've also rented a car from Thrifty (or was it Budget???) for $36 one way and drove the 45 minutes myself. Its so easy, you exit the airport onto the Beeline and drive right to the rental agency in Cocoa. You'll pass the port as you go over the Banana River. The rental agency is about 1.5 miles past the port and has a free shuttle to the port.

We are cruising on RC on april 10th on Freedom of the Seas but there are 8 of us. We are flying from Calif so coming in the day before and staying at the Hyatt Place Orlando Airport. We checked into many ways to get to the ship the next day and the transfers seem to be the most expensive. We opted for a limo which ends up to be $51 a person which includes the gratuity. They will pick us up at the hotel and take us right to the ship and back when we return. We are very excited about the trip.:D

We are cruising on RC on april 10th on Freedom of the Seas but there are 8 of us. We are flying from Calif so coming in the day before and staying at the Hyatt Place Orlando Airport. We checked into many ways to get to the ship the next day and the transfers seem to be the most expensive. We opted for a limo which ends up to be $51 a person which includes the gratuity. They will pick us up at the hotel and take us right to the ship and back when we return. We are very excited about the trip.:D

That seems like a good price to me for a private transfer. I assume it's a private van service. Is that $51 a round trip price, and if so, please mention the name of the company.

Bob

:eek:The price is round trip and the total is $408 which includes the tip so for 8 people it's $51 per person round trip. This is a stretch limo. Company is airportability@aol.com I checked lots of places and for 8 people we liked this option, plus some have never been on a limo so we figured "why not, arrive in style".

Well that was a concern but they told us that we could put some of the carry on size in the front seat with the driver if we needed and there could be space inside with us also. They also said if another car is going at the same time they could take some. They were very helpful.

Archived