Hump vs. Slant Balconies

avatexrs

We are currently booked in #8199 on the Solstice. It is on the hump so should have the bigger balcony. But now we have the opportunity to upgrade to a Concierge Guarantee--if we take the upgrade we give up our $100 OB credit and we would not know where our cabin is. Is it worth it? This will be our 2nd Celebrity Cruise. Please help!!!!

Keep #8199. I don't think a concierge class minus a $100 OBC is worth it!

Thanks to this thread I paid attention to the slant cabins and the sizes of the balconys. We booked 8257 for our Solstice cruise to Hawaii. We love to lounge around, eat our meals and make the most of our balcony, I think we will really enjoy this one. Thank you for the great information!

Bev

We had a huge aft balcony on Millenium. Looking at a SV cabin on Solstice. Are these aft balconies still really deep and extra large?

Thanks for the info!

On the S-Class, the aft balconies are all normal sized.

Just booked Cabins. 1122,1124,1126 on the

Equinox. Never been on an S class ship how did we do as far as Balcony size goes. We love the M class aft balconies

Looks like you've got 2 balconies slightly bigger than standard and the one in the middle (1124) is one of the biggest. That's pretty good! :)

Looks like you've got 2 balconies slightly bigger than standard and the one in the middle (1124) is one of the biggest. That's pretty good! :)

Additionally, you can open up the partitions between the 3 balconies to make one huge balcony. Just see your stateroom attend who has the tool to disconnect it from the balcony rail.

Cabins 1124 and 1126 are connecting should you desire to utilize that feature, although you don't necessarily have to. You can just use the cabins as "stand alone."

As a personal preference, I don't like to be in a connecting cabin. The cabin doors open up into the stateroom, whereas 1122, the non-connecting cabin, the cabin door opens out into the little alcove. I much prefer that set up, as I've been in both. I do need to put a little post-it note next to the door handle that reads "PUSH" as my wife always tries to "PULL." :)

Wow, that was fast! Thanks!! It is not obstructed either, right? I know we will have a bit of noise overhead from deck chairs being moved around in the morning. We were in 1605 last year, and experienced the noise, but liked the location. I wanted port side again, but I'm sure that starboard has its own "star" qualities.

Wow, that was fast! Thanks!! It is not obstructed either, right? I know we will have a bit of noise overhead from deck chairs being moved around in the morning. We were in 1605 last year, and experienced the noise, but liked the location. I wanted port side again, but I'm sure that starboard has its own "star" qualities.

The balcony is not as big as 1605, but only by a foot or two. If you liked the bed by the balcony like 1605, then you will also have it in 1608.

I agree, it's a great location on the ship.

The balcony is not as big as 1605, but only by a foot or two. If you liked the bed by the balcony like 1605, then you will also have it in 1608.

I agree, it's a great location on the ship.

Thank you so much; I really appreciate feeling like I made the right choice. I actually thought the balcony was a little too deep in cabin 1605, so won't mind a foot or two shorter. Have always had the bed by the balcony, so used to it.

Thanks for the info Didn't know that the balconies connect I like that aspect on Princess so looking forward to that selected the one with the connecting as we are all one family and my brothers daughter is with me and I thought they would want to connect with her as on the M class ships you cant open the balconies

Thank you so much; I really appreciate feeling like I made the right choice. I actually thought the balcony was a little too deep in cabin 1605, so won't mind a foot or two shorter. Have always had the bed by the balcony, so used to it.

We had 1608 on Solstice in January. Loved it! The balcony was plenty large enough. We didn't notice any noise from the pool deck, and I am a very poor sleeper. We spent lots of time out on the balcony. We both had premium drink packages, and one of us would take our passes to one of the bars and bring back drinks to have on the balcony -- heaven!;)

Well since you guys helpfully told me the balconies can be open changed our rooms to 1120,1122.and 1124 although we still have a connecting room if I read the posts right 1120 and 1124 are the large balcony rooms

Again thanks for all the info

Well since you guys helpfully told me the balconies can be open changed our rooms to 1120,1122.and 1124 although we still have a connecting room if I read the posts right 1120 and 1124 are the large balcony rooms

Again thanks for all the info

You are correct. 1120 and 1124 are the two largest balconies. With 1124 being a connecting room, if you don't have 1126, you won't use it as a connecting room. It will just be a standard stateroom as the other two.

1122 has the bed by the bath, and the other two have the bed by the balcony.

Have a great cruise with your huge balcony.

Hi Nancy,

I can't answer your question, but I'm certain that someone will be able to.

We sailed with you on the Century in 2007! I remember doing some shore excursions together and having a good time!

We are booked on Eclipse for this April 9th and were fortunate to get one of the "hump" cabins with the large balcony.

Diane

Hi Nancy,

I can't answer your question, but I'm certain that someone will be able to.

We sailed with you on the Century in 2007! I remember doing some shore excursions together and having a good time!

We are booked on Eclipse for this April 9th and were fortunate to get one of the "hump" cabins with the large balcony.

Diane

Hi Diane,

It is good to hear from you. I do remember you from our cruise in 2007. We had some memorable moments. I will be anxious to see how you like the Eclipse. She looks like a beautiful ship.

Nancy

Archived