Note to RCI, cupcake cupboard you don't refrigerate cupcakes

A lot of these "designer" cupcakes are more decorative than tasty. There is a high-end cupcake shop in the town where I work - cupcakes go for $4.50 each. One of my coworkers bought some one day and shared - ewwww. The cake was dry, the frosting was "grainy" and overly sweet. I can do much better at home.

Thank you for posting this thread.

Below is a link that I hope RCCL starts to read to improve the quality of the desserts on RCCL Cruise ships. I really hope that they take a serious look at all of their baked goods whether it is in their Windjammer, or in the Main Dining Room or even in the speciality restaurants. We are all on vacation and we are always wanting to eat desserts and sweet treats on our vacations. I just wish they would improve the quality of the desserts. Making them look attractive and not tasting as good as they look is just not the right way to those of us that travel on RCCL today.

http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=1379428

Please post your comments to this link so that RCCL gets the message to take a serious look at the dessert and sweets baked goods they offer to their customers. As for cupcakes they probably need to adjust their baking ingredients and consider a different buttercream icing approach if they feel they need to refigerate the cupcakes.

Thanks

CincinnatiGal

Below is a link that I hope RCCL starts to read to improve the quality of the desserts on RCCL Cruise ships. I really hope that they take a serious look at all of their baked goods whether it is in their Windjammer, or in the Main Dining Room or even in the speciality restaurants. We are all on vacation and we are always wanting to eat desserts and sweet treats on our vacations. I just wish they would improve the quality of the desserts. Making them look attractive and not tasting as good as they look is just not the right way to those of us that travel on RCCL today.

Please post your comments to this link so that RCCL gets the message to take a serious look at the dessert and sweets baked goods they offer to their customers. As for cupcakes they probably need to adjust their baking ingredients and consider a different buttercream icing approach if they feel they need to refigerate the cupcakes.

Thanks

CincinnatiGal

If you want to communicate something to the personnel at Royal Caribbean, I suggest that you write to the people at Royal Caribbean.

If you want to communicate something to the personnel at Royal Caribbean, I suggest that you write to the people at Royal Caribbean.

I have done just that already to RCCLDINING email as noted in this thread. Still have not gotten a return email of yet. http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=1379428

Thanks

CincinnatiGal

Well the desserts that I have enjoyed in Chops, Portofino, Giovanni's and the other specialty dining restaurants were very good.

We got a cake once and did not refrigerate the leftovers. After 2 days this chocolate cake was covered with a green mold. :eek: DISGUSTING!! I think maybe there is something dairy involved in their cakes and maybe that is why they need refrigeration??? That cake was way good the day we got it....really good. Not on RCCL but on Carnival. How are the cakes on RCCL? Not the cupcakes.

I think they are referring to the desserts served to the masses in the MDR.

Of course the ones you pay extra for will usually be delicious.;)

Originally Posted by CincinnatiGal viewpost.gif

Below is a link that I hope RCCL starts to read to improve the quality of the desserts on RCCL Cruise ships. I really hope that they take a serious look at all of their baked goods whether it is in their Windjammer, or in the Main Dining Room or even in the speciality restaurants;);)

I'm so glad that the cupcake fad seems to be dying. Then again, RCI seems to be rolling out more of their farkakte Cupcake Cupboards.

Cupcakes are alright and all, but it's weird that they are either unavailable or solely focused upon when desserts are offered at places.

Archived