Dress Code for Portofinos

Hi Guys

Just wondering about the dress code in Portofinos....It says on the RC website you need jacket. For those who have gone...Is a jacket really necessary? It says its smart casual.

We want to do portofinos on the first night and you know how that may go in terms of getting your bags.:rolleyes:

Can anyone help/advise. Thanks in advance.

The above poster said it correctly. Actually they will let you in in most attire. But it would be nice if you respected the other dinners who are paying for their meal, and have taken the time to look like they care about how they look. You will always find people who don't give a darn, but, they are the exception, not the rule.

rev

The 2 nights we ate at Portofinos on VOS the majority of the men were in blazers and slacks and the ladies were dressed quite glitzy. Neither night was a formal night. There were also officers dining and they looked so nice in their Navy blue uniforms.

It is smart casual, jackets are not required. If it is formal night, formal attire is welcome, but not necessary.

Confirming what previous posters wrote.

Here's a scan of the Navigator Cruise Compass.

Notice on Formal Night (MDR) the dress is smart

casual for Portofinos and Chops.

I had no problem on 2 Formal Nights with just

dress pants and polo style shirt.

Portofinos is a 'don't miss'. Chops also.

:cool:

DRESS_Portofinos.jpg

We went to Portofinos in November on the Liberty. Women wore dresses

and men wore sport jackets. Even the few kids I saw were in dress attire

As another poster wrote, there were officers in the restaurant. I saw them in Chops as well.

I would not say that women should be wearing cocktail dresses or gowns but a nice dress and men should wear a nice pair of pants and a jacket.

I do not think that you can even go in the MDR in jeans or cutoffs or shorts. we actually met people who said "we are on vacation and we

are not getting dressed up" They ate in the Windjammer every night,

We went in

I had a dress on and my husband trousers and a shirt - no tie or jacket and we fitted in great

However a guy sat at the next table had his baseball cap on the entire meal - I was shocked that nobody said anything to him - his Iron Maiden t-shirt didn't fit in either

No, you will not be turned around for not having a jacket, but come on....how often do you in your every day life, experience the kind of service Portofino's offers.

Do it up right, splurge, you feel handsome & the staff, along with other dinners appreciate your attention to dress code. (I promise, service will be more, let's say "attentive")

You only live once! Rock It!

Hi Guys

Just wondering about the dress code in Portofinos....It says on the RC website you need jacket. For those who have gone...Is a jacket really necessary? It says its smart casual.

We want to do portofinos on the first night and you know how that may go in terms of getting your bags.:rolleyes:

Can anyone help/advise. Thanks in advance.

:cool:I've had three trips to Chops and/or Portofino. I wore jacket and tie, and fit right in with other diners. Have reservation for May, will wear jacket, and golf shirt under. No tie this trip, but at least a jacket.:cool:

Thanks everyone for your kind and informative responses. We always conform to the dress code. I had planned on wearing a button down shirt and some dockers/slacks and based on your responses I believe this would indeed be appropriate attire for the occasion.

I may however consider wearing a jacket based on some of your suggestions. You have all been very helpful.

Thanks again.

Archived