How much spending money for a 14 yr old on Allure?

My 14 year old daughter is going on the Allure with her best friend in July. Her parents are graciously paying for her trip and shore excursions. They only thing they asked me to pay is her extras. I was wondering how much money I should give her for onboard expenses? She's a lucky girl I'd love to go on the Allure!!! Thanks for your help in advance.

I would send her $200 to $300 at least, and maybe she can treat her friend to something onboard as a thank you gesture?

Are the other parents paying for excursions?? If its just spending money and not excursions, she wouldnt need that much, but even on excursions, she probably will want to pick up a trinket or two and pay for that herself, or food when the excursion stops if they are in port and want to eat a bite.

I would send her $200 to $300 at least, and maybe she can treat her friend to something onboard as a thank you gesture?

Are the other parents paying for excursions?? If its just spending money and not excursions, she wouldnt need that much, but even on excursions, she probably will want to pick up a trinket or two and pay for that herself, or food when the excursion stops if they are in port and want to eat a bite.

Thanks Fire. The other parents told me they were paying for all the excursions too. They are so generous, I will send her some extra money so maybe her and her friend can do something special on the ship. I'm not sure if they have a teen day in the spa or anything. I bet they'd like that.

Biggest ship she's ever been on is the Carnival Legend, I wish I could see her face when she steps on the Allure.

My 14 year old daughter is going on the Allure with her best friend in July. Her parents are graciously paying for her trip and shore excursions. They only thing they asked me to pay is her extras. I was wondering how much money I should give her for onboard expenses? She's a lucky girl I'd love to go on the Allure!!! Thanks for your help in advance.

Do you know if they are planning to pay for her tips for the week? Is she planning on getting a soda card? Depending on what she likes to do, I would think $300-$400 would be ok. The arcade charges can add up quickly as well as the internet (if those are things that would be allowed). My girls definitely use their cards for ice cream and even sometimes just getting a candy bar in the store.

Do you know if they are planning to pay for her tips for the week? Is she planning on getting a soda card? Depending on what she likes to do, I would think $300-$400 would be ok. The arcade charges can add up quickly as well as the internet (if those are things that would be allowed). My girls definitely use their cards for ice cream and even sometimes just getting a candy bar in the store.

They are paying for the tips. I need to thank you and Brian for reminding me about the soda card. I totally forgot about that, so I will get that in advance. I'll be honest I really don't know alot about the speciality restaurants on board, but if there is a seafood one, I'm sure my daughter will want to eat there. That's her favorite cuisine. Thanks again for the reminder on the soda cards and all the other tips!!

She's a lucky girl! A family offered to take my 12 year old son with them to Turks and Caicos next month: private jet down there, Beaches for 5-nights. :eek:

How do these damn kids get so lucky?!?! ;)

She's a lucky girl! A family offered to take my 12 year old son with them to Turks and Caicos next month: private jet down there, Beaches for 5-nights. :eek:

How do these damn kids get so lucky?!?! ;)

Oh wow he will love that! Our kids definitely have some great friends with very generous families.

I'm thinking it's about time for us parents to go away and leave them with their grandparents. :) Seriously though I'm happy she gets to go, she has nagged me to death to go on the Oasis since it started sailing. Then it was like mom we need to go on the Allure.

Archived