RCCL stock and OBC

Ginger Pop

How much OBC do you get? I may buy some just for it!

Just an FYI; it is very risky to purchase the stock just for the OBC perk. This perk can be modified or terminated at any time and is not combinable with certain other discounts/specials. The possibility exists that before you glean much (if any) OBC from the perk, that your investment could lose thousands of dollars. Please research the risks and benefits of the stock before purchasing it solely because of a perk.

Here is the info from the RCCL Stockholder's website:

1.Who is eligible for this benefit?

Any shareholder holding a minimum of 100 RCL shares at time of sailing.

2.What is the benefit?

$250 Onboard Credit per Stateroom on Sailings of 14 or more nights.

$200 Onboard Credit per Stateroom on Sailings of 10 to 13 nights.

$100 Onboard Credit per Stateroom on Sailings of 6 to 9 nights.

$50 Onboard Credit per Stateroom on Sailings of 5 nights or less.

Applicable on any Royal Caribbean, Celebrity Cruises or Azamara Club Cruises Sailings. (excludes Celebrity Xpeditions)

3.How do I redeem this benefit?

Provide your name, address, confirmation number, ship and sailing date along with a copy of your shareholder proxy card or a current brokerage statement showing proof of share ownership in Royal Caribbean Cruises, Ltd.

Via Mail: RCL Investor Benefit, PO Box 025511, Miami, Florida 33102-5511

Via Fax: 1-305-373-6699 Via Email: shareholderbenefit@rccl.com

Here is where this info comes from:

http://www.rclinvestor.com/phoenix.zhtml?c=103045&p=irol-shareholderbenefit

Den

I have taken advantage of this Shareholder's OBC and have always faxed my request, to the number given in the directions on the web site.

I then sent an email to the Captain's Club, asking for a confirmation.

It took a week for them to respond, but they did, and now I have a written confirmation to take with me on our cruise in July.

So far, we have paid back for our stock purchase, as we bought really, really low!

I have recently applied for OBC for our RCCL-shares by e-mail and my application was dealt with very quickly. I first got one e-mail stating that it takes about 72 hours to confirm. Two days later the second e-mail arrived. So it was a quick and comfortable way.

What I am not sure of, as yet, is the question where this OBC really appears, and I hope someone can help to answer the question: Is a copy sent to the travel agent, does it appear as late as after boarding ship or ... At the moment I can't see it on "My Celebrity", for example.

Thanks for your help!

You won't be able to see it on the Celebrity website, but if you get a copy of the Celebrity booking confirmation emailed to you from Celebrity or your TA, you'll see a line item under the "booking charges" section that identifies the OBC. For a 7 day sailing, as an example, mine shows "SB06-$100 SGL OBC".

Thank you, folks, for your help. I have contacted my travel agent in the meantime who has neither heard of Onboard Credit nor of RCCL-shares :D but will try to find out - it might be a difference having booked in Germany. And I'll take the e-mail on board as well.

ONLY NINE MORE DAYS TO GO ......

Is there any reason to wait to send in shareholder info to get the OBC until closer to our cruise?

If there's a price reduction in the meantime and we ask for the difference does the OBC in any way factor in - make us ineligible or anything like that?

I guess on the flip side they could do away with the shareholder OBC program at any time so it's better to go ahead now and get it set up.

The brokerage stmts are monthly so a purchase afterward would not show, correct? Therefore, I'm wondering what would suffice - a confirmation? As so happens, I've traded and owned the stock on and off for 15 years but recently sold most of it, not knowing we'd take this "last-minute" cruise.

Secondly, when you do send in a "statement", all of the other positions and values are on this. Do you black out any non-relevant personal info?

Forgive my ignorance. Haven't found any detail regarding this in a search. It's 3/30, cruise is 4/24, so even a purchase today would not appear on the monthly brokerage stmt.

Thanks for any help. Have never done this before and I can't remember why I would not have before. Hate it when that happens.

The confirmation of purchase will do.

When I send in a monthly statement, I always black out all the other info.

:DThank you so much for the quick reply - as always, CC members come through with information and experience!

Is there any reason to wait to send in shareholder info to get the OBC until closer to our cruise?

If there's a price reduction in the meantime and we ask for the difference does the OBC in any way factor in - make us ineligible or anything like that?

I guess on the flip side they could do away with the shareholder OBC program at any time so it's better to go ahead now and get it set up.

I do it within days of booking a cruise. There is no disadvantage to doing this early on; it would not be impacted by price drops, room changes etc. (so long as you keep the same booking number; if your booking number changes you would have to resubmit for the credit, but the amount would end up being the same).

There is a small disadvantage in waiting, namely that the credit could be discontinued or altered (i.e. the minimum number of shares owned raised from 100 to 500 or what not); if this were to occur they may grandfather in anybody already with confirmed Shareholder OBC.

Archived