Celebrity or Princess?

As far as I'm aware this topic hasn't been raised yet, so I was wandering if anyone who is lucky enough to have experienced both of these lines could shead some light on the pro's and con's of each, in their opinion. Between Celebrity and Princess which line would you overall recommend?:)

To be even more specific in regards to what cruise is chosen the two ships been considered are Sea Princess and Celebrity Solstice and yes I realise already that one of them is a lot newer, larger etc don't need to worry about pointing that out :p

Thanks in advance! :D

I have not cruised Celebrity , and would love to try them out.

Done many Princess cruises and find them great.

Given the choice you have put up, namely

similar itineraries and dates,

I would go for Celebrity Solstice.....

simply because its newer and offers more .

I have cruised on the Celebrity Constellation as well as Princess (Coral, Sun, Dawn and soon Diamond, Ruby and Star :))

Celebrity is a great cruiseline, so is Princess :D

The main differences are the Buffet - Princess has it open 24 hours a day, Celebrity doesn't - but having said that - the Celebrity buffet is much better for selection, quality and layout than Princess. Wonderful for breakfast and lunch.

The dining room - Princess wins. The food selection and quality seems to be just that tad better than Celebrity.

The cabins on Celebrity are larger.

The service is the same. The little extras like turndown service, chockies on the pillows at night are the same. Both excellent!

The shows - Princess wins here because we only went to one show on the Constellation and were nearly sent deaf by the experience so didn't go back.

MUTS - Celebrity wins - no MUTS on Celebrity - hate it on Princess.

Specialty restaurants - both wonderful!

These are my opinions anyway. If I had the choice of the Sea Princess (identical ship to Sun and Dawn Princess) or the Celebrity Solstice I would pick the Celebrity Solstice.

Enjoy your cruise whichever way you go. What a decision! :eek::D

There have been similar posts to this on the Celebrity board.

There have been similar discussions also on my Celebrity Solstice roll call.

A lot of what I have seen is very similar to what Billy and Charlie's Mum has said above.

Can't wait to sail on the Solstice!! :D :p

There have been similar posts to this on the Celebrity board.

There have been similar discussions also on my Celebrity Solstice roll call.

A lot of what I have seen is very similar to what Billy and Charlie's Mum has said above.

Can't wait to sail on the Solstice!! :D :p

Enjoy Moira.....have you ever done a Celebrity cruise? If not, you will love it! :D

I've done Sydney to Auckland three times; once on the Celebrity Millennium and the others on Diamond/Sapphire Princess.

Personally I preferred Celebrity. I felt the ship was a lot classier, had more grandeur, and everything just seemed to be done a little better.

The dining room on the Millennium was breathtaking whereas Princess' dining rooms are small and cluttered. The speciality restaurant experience on the Millennium was also an amazing experience, way better than Sabatini's.

In saying that I still loved the Diamond/Sapphire and would definitely cruise on them again, but I can't wait to get back on Celebrity and the Solstice when she's down here! :)

I have cruised on the Celebrity Constellation as well as Princess (Coral' date=' Sun, Dawn and soon Diamond, Ruby and Star :))

Celebrity is a great cruiseline, so is Princess :D

The main differences are the Buffet - Princess has it open 24 hours a day, Celebrity doesn't - but having said that - the Celebrity buffet is much better for selection, quality and layout than Princess. Wonderful for breakfast and lunch.

The dining room - Princess wins. The food selection and quality seems to be just that tad better than Celebrity.

The cabins on Celebrity are larger.

The service is the same. The little extras like turndown service, chockies on the pillows at night are the same. Both excellent!

The shows - Princess wins here because we only went to one show on the Constellation and were nearly sent deaf by the experience so didn't go back.

MUTS - Celebrity wins - no MUTS on Celebrity - hate it on Princess.

Specialty restaurants - both wonderful!

These are my opinions anyway. If I had the choice of the Sea Princess (identical ship to Sun and Dawn Princess) or the Celebrity Solstice I would pick the Celebrity Solstice.

Enjoy your cruise whichever way you go. What a decision! :eek::D[/quote']

Agree with everything written here!!! ENJOY YOUR CRUISE!!

Glad you asked that question. We are booked on the Sea Princess, but got an email yesterday re the celebrity cruises.....and yes they look good. Nice to try out different ships. The only negative I could see with the Celebrity was that we would have to fly to or from home. The prices certainly are great, a larger ship..........hmmm....got us wondering too.

Enjoy Moira.....have you ever done a Celebrity cruise? If not' date=' you will love it! :D[/quote']

First time on Celebrity for me. I'm sure I will enjoy it very much.

Eight months and eight days to go!! ;)

Well we haven't cruised on the Solstice, but have on the Century, the infinity and twice on the Millenium. We have also been on most of the Princess ships, including the Sea Princess, and we MUCH prefer Princess. We love the fresh water swimming pools, the 24 hour buffet the easy embarkation and disembarkation and the entertainment. While Celebrity offers very pretty ships we have never had memorable food. It has been good, but certainly not the best on the high seas. We love omelets, but no not like their omelet station because every omelet we have ordered is like rubber ... never light and fluffy. Celebrity service is very good and so is their upmarket restaurant - now that food is memorable. On the Sea Princess you have a Pizza Restaurant which is great, of course Princess has an italian culinary flair and if you like Italian you will love their food.

We find the Princess diningrooms more intimate, while Celebrity is more open and cavernous. Both are good ... with Princess food winning out for us.

I am sure you will be happy with either choice ..... after all how often do you hear of a bad cruise. I would also say let the itinerary be your sway vote.

Archived