NEW PARKING FACILITY at PORT CANAVERAL

iluvdoxies

Hey all, we live 45 min from POrt Canaveral and love to cruise from there.

Last Sat, we drove over to the port and had a late lunch at Grills---you can watch the ships leave from there---they go by so close !

Anyhoo, noticed a sign for a new parking facility====Park n Cruise----it's right off the beachline--no more than 5 min from the port. They have a free shuttle, secure parking and its only 6.99 per day--all major cc accepted. Also if you make a reservation online, you can print a coupon for 10% off. Their website is http://www.park***********. We are going to use them for our Oct 1 cruise on the Dream.

Port Cavaveral charges 15.00 a day--so it's a good deal for those of you who are driving to the port.

Just paying it forward as I have gleaned so much helpful info from this site :)

Hey all, we live 45 min from POrt Canaveral and love to cruise from there.

Last Sat, we drove over to the port and had a late lunch at Grills---you can watch the ships leave from there---they go by so close !

Anyhoo, noticed a sign for a new parking facility====Park n Cruise----it's right off the beachline--no more than 5 min from the port. They have a free shuttle, secure parking and its only 6.99 per day--all major cc accepted. Also if you make a reservation online, you can print a coupon for 10% off. Their website is www.park***********. We are going to use them for our Oct 1 cruise on the Dream.

Port Cavaveral charges 15.00 a day--so it's a good deal for those of you who are driving to the port.

Just paying it forward as I have gleaned so much helpful info from this site :)

my next time from there

Thanks iluvdoxies. There's another thread on the board with info.

http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=1382045

The website seems to get ****out. So phonically, it's www dot parkcruise dot com. phone is 321-454-2500.

We're waiting on pictures of the facility as it's not on the sat pic from Google Earth yet. Supposedly it is fenced in and possibly well lit at night.

Shuttle to pier is 5 minutes. And you can get a discount booking reservations on line.

Shirley..post pics or ask the owner to do so on the website, and tell us all the good stuff on security. Thanks so much!:)

Hey there crewsweeper - went and checked it out, met the owners/managers and I really was quite impressed with what they are trying to excel at - they have security cameras,lighting, huge billboard that gives extra lighting, indoor places to sit, drink & snack machines, free shuttle service to and from the port - not bad for $6.99 a day AND if you make your reservation on line, mention you are off this board and you get an extra 10% off ---please give the credit to CC

www dot parkcruise dot com. phone is 321-454-2500.

ENJOY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Hey there crewsweeper - went and checked it out, met the owners/managers and I really was quite impressed with what they are trying to excel at - they have security cameras,lighting, huge billboard that gives extra lighting, indoor places to sit, drink & snack machines, free shuttle service to and from the port - not bad for $6.99 a day AND if you make your reservation on line, mention you are off this board and you get an extra 10% off ---please give the credit to CC

Its been a long time coming. They will make a bundle!

Wonderful!!!:):cool: Thanks for doing the homework Shirley. Since we're notmeeting BIL and SIL this year, we're driving down day of. Will look to make reservations and you can betcha I'll mention CC.

Crew

anyone else used this facility yet? Can't decide on this or just parking at the port again. Saving $60 on parking for a 7-night cruise sounds great, but how much hassle is it going to be, really? Thinking about dropping off the family at the port to check in, and taking the car back by myself and riding the shuttle over.

how early does the lot open, how often do the shuttles run, how much waiting around? dirt lot or paved? lot of questions unanswered on the website

if you make your reservation on line, mention you are off this board and you get an extra 10% off ---please give the credit to CC

is this an additional 10% from the 10% you can get for making an online reservation. That would take it down to about $40 bucks for a 7-night cruise, not bad at all.

They have a facebook page. http://www.facebook.com/pages/Park-N-Cruise-Port-Canaveral/135481193182435

Not much on there right now, but the times of operation are from 6am to 4pm. I will be using them this weekend. I will try to get some pictures.

There have been a few reviews and they have been positive. Just gathering steam. $6.99 beats $15 any day.

How long do you have to wait when you get off the ship for a shuttle? Also did you have to wait along time for the shuttle to bring you to the port ?? Do you all feel its as safe as the port parking??? Thanks

How long do you have to wait when you get off the ship for a shuttle? Also did you have to wait along time for the shuttle to bring you to the port ?? Do you all feel its as safe as the port parking??? Thanks

People are saying almost no waiting. It appears to be no different than any other Park and Fly type of place. Lighting, fenced, security etc

It is right next to the Beachline (HWY 520) with easy off/on. Stop on your way and stay if you like what you see. If not go on to the port. You will use less than 10 extra minutes.

anyone else used this facility yet? Can't decide on this or just parking at the port again. Saving $60 on parking for a 7-night cruise sounds great, but how much hassle is it going to be, really? Thinking about dropping off the family at the port to check in, and taking the car back by myself and riding the shuttle over.

how early does the lot open, how often do the shuttles run, how much waiting around? dirt lot or paved? lot of questions unanswered on the website

My understanding when I was there to check in and out is that waiting is very little - they have you pull into a place where folks get out, luggage is unloaded and checked, they have a waiting area where there is vending machinges for drinks and snacks, shuttle is loaded without much hassle and you are taken to the port - shuttle is waiting when you arrive back. The parking area for the vehicles is not dirt or paved - it is gravel and safe.

I understand more improved is in the "works". Appears they have their ideas falling into place and I am sure folks will be posting pictures and comments.

• 1 year later...

We have parked at ParknCruise a couple times. No problems. The shuttle was waiting for us when we parked the car and again at the port when we got off the ship. I could care less if the car is parked on a gravel lot. It is fenced and secure and a reasonable price. Do have to reserve a spot though. We have driven by and the lot was full.

I read about them on another thread a few weeks ago and the complaint was their lot wasn't paved. Not sure how up to date that info was.

The lot is not paved but that did not matter to us. The folks who run the place are great. They know you want to get to the ship as quickly as you can and then want to get on the road when you return.

m

Archived