Legend Western Itinerary Advice...

DCNadeau

Hi All!

I am sailing on the Legend with a western itinerary in a month and just wanted to see what other sugest that we do when we are on out trip. I have never sailed the legend or western before so what are soem things what we should not miss ont he boat, the ports or just some advice overall on what we shouldnt forget to do!

All things are helpful

Thanks!

Hi All!

I am sailing on the Legend with a western itinerary in a month and just wanted to see what other sugest that we do when we are on out trip. I have never sailed the legend or western before so what are soem things what we should not miss ont he boat, the ports or just some advice overall on what we shouldnt forget to do!

All things are helpful

Thanks!

Ports?

I see it's the seven day...

Cozumel... I'd do Nachi Cocom hands down but you need to book SOON! It's limited to 100 visitors a day and reservation go fast. It's a little slice of all inclusive heaven and only $49/person.

Grand Cayman... Seven Mile Beach and Stingray City... amazing.

Mahogany Bay is a destination unto it's self. Do the Magic Flying Chairs over to the beach and have a brilliant day in the sand, sun and surf!

:)

Hi All!

All things are helpful

Thanks!

For what it's worth, we just got off the Legend. We did stingray city/snorkeling in Caymans. It was really cool. You can pet, hold and even get a "massage" from a stingray.

In Belize we did the River Wallace/Altun Ha (through Carnival) which was awesome. You go 24 miles up the river to have lunch at a resort, then load up on a nice a/c bus and wander around the ruins. That was our 2nd favorite port. Belize is beautiful after you get out of the city.

In Roatan go independent. You will get out of the area owned by Carnival and get to see the island. We did a catamaran with snorkeling. People say Roatan has the best snorkeling in the Western Caribbean. It was beautiful! The water was so clear and the coral so colorful. There were fish everywhere. We loved the trip and we loved the Legend. We both would do the same ship to the same ports again

Not knowing your interests or the ages going, I can only tell you what we've liked.

Grand Cayman, swimming with the stingrays is a must...you interact with them in the wild...amazing! We've used Moby Dick and Nativeway...both were good.

Cozumel - we've gone to Nachi Cocom and liked it very much. Also went to Chankanaab which has dolphin swims, sea lion encounters, snorkeling from the beach, bar/restaurant and pool with swim up bar...liked that too! And we've done the Cozumel Bar Hop Bus...they take you to 4 or 5 beach bars on the Eastern (less touristy) side of the island...very rustic and beautiful. That was alot of fun!

Belize - we liked the snorkel/Bannister Island beach break. Not thrilled with that port area.

Roatan - I will strongly disagree with my buddy, Host Mach, and say to get AWAY from the port area and the cookie cutter man-made beach. Take an independent tour with Victor Bodden and get out and see this gorgeous island and the beautiful beaches! This is our favorite port and you have to get out and see it to appreciate it!

We love the Legend...sailed her 3 times! Great ship and crew!

Enjoy!:)

Sorry all should have added that in the begining...

7 Day

Ports are: Tampa, Grand Cayman, Belize, Roatan, Cozumel

DW and I did this cruise at the end of 2009 and had a great time. The Legend is a beautiful ship and you should have a lot of fun.

As far as excursions:

1. Grand Cayman: Stringray City is someplace everyone should go at least once in their life. You can stand on the sand bar there, so you don't have to tread water the while time, and feeding the stringrays is amazing.

2. Cozumel: We've been to Nachi Cocom, which is a very relaxing beach day, and done the Fury Catamaran sail, snorkel and beach tour. There are a lot of different beach clubs to choose from.

3. Belize: Mayan ruins were another bucket list thing for us. We went to Xunantunich and loved it, but it takes all day so you can't do anything else.

4. Roatan: Go independant and see the island, particularly the beach on the West End, where you can snorkel at the reef right off the beach. We've used Rony's Tours twice and had a wonderful time both times.

Enjoy yourself

I didnt know the Legend did an 8 day. Where does that go? Any exotic ports perhaps?

Sounds interesting.

Bill

I had to check this out myself...didn't know about the 8 day either.

Looks like there is one 8 day on 12/18/11 going to Key West, Grand Turk, Ocho Rios and Grand Cayman.

Not too exotic...lol!

Be sure to be on the Lido deck a couple of hours after sailaway for a very close encounter with a very big bridge. Very cool.

The Big Easy show is not to be missed. Not everyones' favorite, but I think it's great.

Go to the steakhouse one night. The night you leave Roatan is a good one for that.

Stingrays in GC for sure. In Belize make sure you go on an excursion of some kind. Did the cave tubing thing last time and will do the Altun Ha/River Wallace excursion on the next trip. You really shouldn't wander around Belize City on your own. Cozumel's our favorite place to shop. In Roatan we just hang out at the private beach at the compound. Very relaxing.

I'll be on the Legend the week after you go. Can't wait.

We just went on that cruise a few weeks ago (though now that we have been back in cold NH for awhile it seems like we never left :(). Definitely plan to be on deck for going under the bridge in Tampa....it gets crazy close! We had gone on the stingray excursion in Grand Cayman before (was great!) so this time we just took the city bus to 7 mile beach and relaxed. The bus in definitely the cheapest way to get around and it is really reliable and fun (it is actually a large van and not a traditional bus vehicle). In Cozumel we always go to Chankanaab. It is a $10 cab ride away and $21 pp entry and has a beautiful beach, great snorkeling and comfy chairs to relax in. In Belize we took a independent tour with Coral Breeze Tours (shark/ray alley and Cay Caulker exploration). It was WONDERFUL and I would highly recommend it. We have gone on many excursions and this was by far our favorite of all time. In Roatan we just relaxed on Mahogony Beach. I know it is not too adventurous but it was a spectacular sunny day and we just wanted to chill. Have fun :)

Going on the Legend for the 2nd time April 17th.

We are going to sting rays in GC with Captain Marvin. 1st time. We went to Royal Palms last time for a beach day. In Coz we went to Paradise Beach last time and loved it, so we are going again. $15 cab ride (whole car) $2 a chair and they ask you to spend $10 on food and drinks. It can be more of a party atmosphere, but loved it. Belize, this year we are going cave tubing with cavetubing.BZ. 1st time, great reviews. Last time we did a mellow Belize city tour. Roatan we are going to do clip n zip for ziplining. Than hanging at Mohagany Bay.

The ship, definitely go topside for the under the bridge. The whale tail come within 14 feet! Pretty cool.

In Cozumel we loved the Isla Pasion by Twister boat excursion. Very fun ride over and back to the private island which is beautiful. It includes drinks and a nice lunch buffet. We have also experienced Chankunaab National park for the dolphin swim.

Grand cayman we always have taken a taxi to Royal Palm beach just to get some sun and relax with a couple of drinks we usually walk away from the crowd. The cab ride is $7

Belize both times we had tender delays because of weather. Once we never got off of the ship the other we did a ATV excursion with cave tubing company

Roatan we did an island tour with a local. Saw the whole island, stopped off at the beach for a bit. Second time we did what Host mach recommended then came back to the empty ship and enjoyed a movie on the lido from the hottub

As another poser mentioned be prepared to see the Skyway bridge shortly after sailing. It is beautiful!

Archived