Room Service Menu?

PekingeseLady

My dd (11) will be so happy about the cookies and milk. She loves room service, especially for breakfast. We never got a chance to order on our Disney cruise because it was so short but with our 7 day cruise coming up on HAL, I promised her room service and she is so looking forward to it :).

I tried ordering something from the dining room once when I was too ill to leave the cabin. I got a big fat NO. ONLY items on cabin menu, sorry. I think that was on the Pride but not certain. I just wanted some warm soup but they wouldn't accomodate.

I'm not sure if you were on NCL or the Carnival Pride, but it wasn't HAL. The HAL room service menu has two soups on the 'always available' section. HAL's room service menu is the best we've seen out of all the cruise lines we've tried.

We have tried the Club a couple of times.

Horrible.

The bacon was barely cooked and cold -- not made fresh -- left over and refrigerated from breakfast. Tomatoes -- not ripe at all.

Toast -- definitely made early in the day -- whimpy.

That is one big YUCK!

Thanks so much for the tips!! I definitely plan on doing breakfast probably every day - take advantage of my balcony! :)

Here is the actual breakfast card that I scanned December 2013. You may enter any quantities that you wish for any item. Other menus are also on the page.

http://www.rogerjett-photography.com/?page_id=908

Note that if you order milk, you need also to write in "empty glass" if you plan on drinking it. There is also a separate section for Condiments. Feel free to write in "chocolate croissants," "grits,"and "muesli" for additional treats. It is my experience that all egg dishes come with a McDonald's-like wedge of hash browns.

Another CC thread recommended bring a table cloth for your verandah breakfast (42-inch round table for suite balconies) for an elegant touch.

Enjoy your cruise.

Here is the actual breakfast card that I scanned December 2013. You may enter any quantities that you wish for any item. Other menus are also on the page.

http://www.rogerjett-photography.com/?page_id=908

Note that if you order milk, you need also to write in "empty glass" if you plan on drinking it. There is also a separate section for Condiments. Feel free to write in "chocolate croissants," "grits,"and "muesli" for additional treats. It is my experience that all egg dishes come with a McDonald's-like wedge of hash browns.

Another CC thread recommended bring a table cloth for your verandah breakfast (42-inch round table for suite balconies) for an elegant touch.

Enjoy your cruise.

Uh, I'm almost afraid to ask, but what does milk come in if you don't ask for a glass?

(I thought there were glasses (albeit not necessarily milk, but a glass is a glass, right?) in the stateroom already for the mini-bar?)

Uh, I'm almost afraid to ask, but what does milk come in if you don't ask for a glass?

(I thought there were glasses (albeit not necessarily milk, but a glass is a glass, right?) in the stateroom already for the mini-bar?)

They likely bring the milk in the little individual cartons.

Yes they do!

We always order croissants and coffee from room service along with butter, jam and marmalade. It is so pleasant to start the day on the verandah with a nice cup of coffee and a croissant. We get this fairly early in the morning, timed for just after we wake up. A perfect "First Breakfast."

Ah, gotcha. I'm so used to seeing the kids drink out of those at school it seems normal to me to just drink out of them. I thought maybe a pitcher or something like that. (Not that I drink milk other than chocolate after a long run, so mainly a moot point. I was just curious.)

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

Yes they do!

We always order croissants and coffee from room service along with butter, jam and marmalade. It is so pleasant to start the day on the verandah with a nice cup of coffee and a croissant. We get this fairly early in the morning, timed for just after we wake up. A perfect "First Breakfast."

First breakfast -- sounds like my DH.

After he works out in the gym, he swings by the Lido to grab a glass of juice -- and then ends up grabbing a raisin bun as well.

Then later we go to the Pinnacle for our regular breakfast.

Little cartons. I just use one of the glasses from my room. Although sometimes I pretend I am in grade school and drink from the carton. ;)

First breakfast -- sounds like my DH.

After he works out in the gym, he swings by the Lido to grab a glass of juice -- and then ends up grabbing a raisin bun as well.

Then later we go to the Pinnacle for our regular breakfast.

Oh the rasin buns are to die for! I make a special trip to the Lido just to pick up 2 of those, with some butter and bring them back to our cabin. They go fast and you need to get them early. Something else I grab from the Lido at breakfast is Miso soup. I wonder if they would bring that if I put it on the room service card?

Diane