Whole milk on carnival?

valuv2travel

I noticed that Carnival doesn't offer whole milk, which my 22 month old drinks. Has anyone brought unopened whole milk onboard? Not sure if there are fridges in the rooms. Also, do they charge for milk, or is it offered free for children?

My toddler is 18 months & will be cruising for a second time on Carnival this June. I never brought milk on board. My son drinks whole milk as well, but his pediatrician has said that one week of 2% isn't going to effect his health. Plus my son wouldn't taste a difference between the two - milk is better than no milk, right? Milk is offered for free. You can get it through room service 24/7. You can also get milk in the morning at the breakfast buffet & during dinner. For lunch, just ask a staff worker at the buffet for it & he/she will get you one.

Hope this helps :)

• 1 year later...

I'm glad to know that others have used 2% with no problem. Our dd turns 22 months while we're on our New Years' cruise and I was wondering what to do about that. She has her 18 mo appt this Friday and I was going to ask the pedi if 12 days of 2% was ok and when we should go off of whole milk. Horizon makes some shelf stable milk but the single serves are only ff and 2% so that doesn't really help. The larger containers are whole but they are harder to find. If we can get away with 2%, I think we'll just get some extra cartons at breakfast and put them in our room fridge.

I'm glad to know that others have used 2% with no problem. Our dd turns 22 months while we're on our New Years' cruise and I was wondering what to do about that. She has her 18 mo appt this Friday and I was going to ask the pedi if 12 days of 2% was ok and when we should go off of whole milk. Horizon makes some shelf stable milk but the single serves are only ff and 2% so that doesn't really help. The larger containers are whole but they are harder to find. If we can get away with 2%, I think we'll just get some extra cartons at breakfast and put them in our room fridge.

I'm going to guess that your pediatrician will say the same as others here (and mine) who have cruised with toddlers - that low fat milk for the length of a vacation isn't going to cause any problem. As cb suggested, you can always mix in some cream, but I doubt it's going to be necessary. My girls were 13 months their first cruise and they didn't notice any difference with the milk. We ordered it from room service any time we needed it.

Best,

Mia

If you really want the whole milk and don't want 2% you can get it at the cafe where they sell the cakes and specialty coffees. You can also get it from the lido where they make the coffees there. They have it in gallon sized containers and will fill up a bottle for you when you need it.

Do NOT store milk in the fridge in your cabin. The temp is not cold enough to

Keep it from spoiling. You can keep it on ice. Also you can get it anytime at the Lido buffet from any staff there and 24/7. We do it every cruise. At bedtime we get a couple of cartons and then place them on ice. Rest of the time we just ask.

Archived