Carnival transfer or taxi in San Juan?

rach1fun

On our 1st cruise, we did everything thru Carnival. almost missed our connection on way to cruise because of too short layover, and almost missed our flight home using the cruise transfer.

This time im taking more into my own hands. Booked our own air. Flying in 1 day early and renting a car. My hubby would still like to hand things over to the cruiseline so we dont have to "worry" about anything. Im skeptical

Should I book a transfer back to the airport after our cruise in San Juan or is it easy and better to get a taxi? Our flight is at 2:45...

Another vote for taxi. You will have no problem getting one and the airport is fairly close.

SJU is a zoo, so even with a 2:45pm flight I'd try to get to the airport by noon.

Plus you have to wait till the transfer bus is full before they depart the pier. Taxi is quicker.

We took the Carnival transfer back to the airport but we had a late flight. It seems like we sat in that bus for along time waiting to leave the pier. As another poster said, San Juan airport is a zoo!

Taxicabs work for us each way.

Only problem: If never in San Juan before, try not to panic when you begin to experience the way they drive.

With bizarre smiles on their faces, they just LOVE to swerve in and out of lanes and cut off other vehicles and boop horns, hit potholes in the less than perfect roadways, and do all of this with loud Spanish radio station talk shows blasting away at your ears.

If they have them, just click in the safety belts and make the sign of the cross. Very good chance you'll get to destination quick and safely.

And I'm not kidding....it's just the way it is !

We took the Carnival transfer back to the airport but we had a late flight. It seems like we sat in that bus for along time waiting to leave the pier. As another poster said, San Juan airport is a zoo!

Last year, AA left us parked at the gate for 5 hours. That will cause you to miss your connecting flight.:mad:

On our 1st cruise, we did everything thru Carnival. almost missed our connection on way to cruise because of too short layover, and almost missed our flight home using the cruise transfer.

This time im taking more into my own hands. Booked our own air. Flying in 1 day early and renting a car. My hubby would still like to hand things over to the cruiseline so we dont have to "worry" about anything. Im skeptical

Should I book a transfer back to the airport after our cruise in San Juan or is it easy and better to get a taxi? Our flight is at 2:45...

Get a cab, and take a tour of the city and then go to the airport. You will still have plenty of time. We have made 10 a.m. flights out of San Juan without a bit of trouble.

Archived