Stateroom 6001 on Regatta

CalifCruiser326

My husband and I have booked stateroom 6001 on the Regatta. This is a forward cabin. There is a lounge and dance floor on the deck below. We are concerned there may be too much noise. Has anyone sailed in stateroom 6001?

Any information would be appreciated.

My husband and I have booked stateroom 6001 on the Regatta. This is a forward cabin. There is a lounge and dance floor on the deck below. We are concerned there may be too much noise. Has anyone sailed in stateroom 6001?

You will find many opinions of cabins in the front of the ship if you use the search function above.

We have been in 6003 and would never cruise in the front cabins again. One, the noise in the afternoons and evenings from below and two, the rough seas bouncing and rolling. Some will tell you they don't mind either. It all depends on how sensitive to noise and seasickness you are.

We loved 6000 and 6001 on Baltic cruise and Rome to Greek isles to Istanbul. We did not want to risk it in So. Amer. and Barcelona to Dover, both of which can have very rough seas. I think it depends on where you're going and how many Bonine tablets you have. ddcruiser

We were in the forward cabin (extra room because instead of a balcony, that space is included in the room size) on the Regatta for the Baltic cruise leaving from Dover and never had a problem with noise or rough seas.

We were in the forward cabin (extra room because instead of a balcony, that space is included in the room size) on the Regatta for the Baltic cruise leaving from Dover and never had a problem with noise or rough seas.

I thought 6000 & 6001 had a balcony?

Good point. We have this stateroom booked for the "Australia and Coral Sea Adventure" in March 2012. Do you know if this area of the world is prone to rough seas?

Any seas can be rough given the right conditions ;)

I think the Tasmanian sea can be bumpy more often

Were you in 6004? does the additional space instead of the balcony really make a difference? is the cabin also wider?

We are cruising Stockholm to Dover in July and hope that there is no problem with rough seas.

We were in 6001 in the Baltic, and we loved it. While at sea, it was sometimes a bit too breezy (and cool) to sit out there for too long, but that was more than made up for in the view going into and out of ports! No need to get dressed and go up to the coffee lounge to see the sights as you entered ports! It was great!!!

As for the noise from the lounge. We did not go to the lounge the first few nights, and there was no noticeable noise, not to mention that the shows are over by 10:15 each night.

There is some noise from the thrusters and windlasses when you are coming into port, but if you were sleeping too late, it was simply a reminder to get up and walk 8 or 10 feet to see the sights.

As for motion, a cabin all the way forward or all the way aft will necessarily move more than one amidships. I am never bothered by the motion, and enjoy being rocked to sleep a little. DW does have a little more trouble with motion the first day, but was always fine. Note that rocking motion (side-to-side) is more common and that is the same in all veranda cabins -- it would normally be minimized in a inside cabin only but 6001 is pretty close the the center line so rocking is less than any veranda on the side of the ship.

One note. If you decide to stick with 6001 (and I would), you should get some red night lights. If you open the curtains over the door after dark, they will likely come down and knock on your door if you have white lights on -- they interfere with the bridge personnel's night vision. I got some of the common little night lights and some red bulbs, and would use those in the room when I went on the veranda at night. That is one thing you need to know and plan for in advance.

Were you in 6004? does the additional space instead of the balcony really make a difference? is the cabin also wider?

We are cruising Stockholm to Dover in July and hope that there is no problem with rough seas.

Sorry about the confusion. We were in 6005 For the Baltic cruise and loved it. We did not have any problems with noise or rough seas. In fact, we are booked on a Mediterranean cruise on the Insignia and have the same room - except on deck 7 this time. The extra room was great and the itineraries are so full each day that there wasn't much time to sit on a deck. Don't really know if the room is any wider, but certainly is longer and we liked having the extra space all the time.

Sorry about the confusion. We were in 6005 For the Baltic cruise and loved it. We did not have any problems with noise or rough seas. In fact, we are booked on a Mediterranean cruise on the Insignia and have the same room - except on deck 7 this time. The extra room was great and the itineraries are so full each day that there wasn't much time to sit on a deck. Don't really know if the room is any wider, but certainly is longer and we liked having the extra space all the time.

Thank you. Its good to hear that there was no problems with noise or rough seas. It is also nice to have that extra space. Our Baltic cruise is very port intensive and although we love to have a balcony I don't think we'll miss it this time.:o

Archived