Russia: How far in advance to get Visa?

Kellie Poodle

We are leaving for Russia on June 22. We have to apply for our visas and will be using the ZVS service as it's the one AMA works with.

My daughter and granddaughters are coming April 18 until April 24 and they are making noises that they want to go to Mexico for some shopping while they are here. For that we'll need our passports.

For those of you who have gotten visas to Russia in recent years, how long did it take and how far away from your trip did you send the paperwork and passports in to the visa service?

Thanks in Advance.

We got ours quickly. I think we could not get them more than 90 days before we entered. Check with ZVS

thanks. I knew about the 90 days. We are just a bit into them now. I'm thinking of holding on to the passports for another 2 weeks and was wondering if I'd have sufficient time.

I'll call ZVS and see what they say.

I can't remember specifics, but we got back from another trip last year about June 10. We left for Ukraine and Russia about August 25. It took awhile to get everything filled out, pictures, etc. We had it back way before we left. I know I was not worried.

I can't remember specifics, but we got back from another trip last year about June 10. We left for Ukraine and Russia about August 25. It took awhile to get everything filled out, pictures, etc. We had it back way before we left. I know I was not worried.

Thank you! That was very helpful.

Sent in the visa forms, etc. today. I hope it all goes well. I am very apprehensive about the process.

I don't have to be in Mexico until June 14 for my next dental appointment, but just in case I have to go over the border before I get the passport back, I think I can get back in to the US with a birth certificate, drivers license, color copy of the passport and what I sent to VZS.

Daughter and granddaughters are coming to visit in a couple of weeks and they might want to go into Mexico for some shopping.

I just looked thru my passport. We returned from the Ocean Princess on June 8, 2010. Our Russian visa was issued on July 6, 2010. I don't remember exactly when I sent it off, but I am pretty sure it was just a couple of days after getting home. I don't know when I got it back from the visa service, but I am sure it was a week or less after the visa was issued.

I just looked thru my passport. We returned from the Ocean Princess on June 8, 2010. Our Russian visa was issued on July 6, 2010. I don't remember exactly when I sent it off, but I am pretty sure it was just a couple of days after getting home. I don't know when I got it back from the visa service, but I am sure it was a week or less after the visa was issued.

Great news! Thank you, Paul

I recieved our visas in exactly 2 weeks~~good luck. The ZVS people were very helpful. My first work place had closed too, as had my husbands. Thought that might screw things up, but apparently things sailed right through. I think all they really wanted was our $$.

Archived